what do you all think of my glam & birchbox/

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

MissXu
elite
2 years ago
Sounds like great idea

I've been so tempted to get the myglam, but at the same time, it's awfully expensive for things that you might not end up using. It's definitely a great way to get to know new products that you might not have otherwise gotten before. 

Personally, I'd wish there was more option as to what products you want, and which boxes to get, but I don't know. Maybe I'll try them in the future but for now, I'm skipping on them. 

MssDani
allstar
2 years ago
Re: Subscription services

I did read a blog that a fellow TotalBeauty member wrote. I believe its "Powerwoman033" ( Iprobably got the numbers wrong) She wrote a blog explaing the different subscription services and what they offer. Some of them offer a quiz to see what products will best fit you. Go to the blog section and check it out. It might be helpful to you. You can also youtube reviews on Glam bag and Birchbox. 

socialsum1234
2 years ago
expensive

I dont think it is expensive at $10 a month for samples of products that can be quite expensive to buy if you were just buying to try. But, i have been disappointed with the last two months, and others have been calling it my scam. I think i would just like a service where you can customize what kind of product samples to get, ones that suit you. that way you are actually trying something you consider buying.

lazorc
allstar
2 years ago
I Love Birchbox!

I have only received 2 boxes so far but I love the idea and products.  It's so nice to get them in the mail monthly and if you think about all the money you spend on full size products at the store while browsing the beauty isles, it really isn't that expensive.  They give you products that you may not have found on your own and each box has a nice theme.  They don't only send beauty products but also include lifestyle or healthy extras.  Both boxes I recived had nice size nail polishes, a $7-8 dollar value, so it really is a good value.  Yes, some of the products may be on the expensive side, but as you give feedback and purchase full size versions, you get points that give you discounts. Their Facebook page and emails always include discount codes as well.

You can always sign up for monthly to see if you like it, why not, right?

If anyone wants to try it, I would forever appreciate the extra points if you sign up via my link: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=b6z5k

TheLacqueredLady
elite
2 years ago
Re: subscription services

I wouldn't recommend them. Frankly, you can get alot of great full sized products that you like for the $120-300 a year you spend getting delux samples. Often, you can contact these companies and they will send you little samples. If you are interested, google some of the boxes and check out what people have gotten before committing. 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend