Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Else » Do any of you follow Paula Begoun's (Cosmetics Cop) advice? Does it usually...

Discussion

Do any of you follow Paula Begoun's (Cosmetics Cop) advice? Does it usually work?

Does anyone check Paul Begoun's review on products before buying them?  If so, was she usually right, or usually wrong, etc.?  Like with anything else, everyone has different opinions.  For example, a scrub that Allure gave an award to was too drying in Paula's opinion.

I found her book, "Don't go to the cosmetics counter without me" to be helpful.  It has a dictionary in it with ingredients, what they are, what they can & can't do...

Some of her "best products" items have worked for me, but then of course some have not.  I consider her another source to check when considering a product, but I don't think of her advice/review as ironclad or "set in stone".

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 6 months ago
Re: Do any of you follow Paula Begoun's (Cosmetics Cop) advice? Does it usually work?

I have found that I really don't agree with her on so many products. Also, I think its INSANE for her to charge for full access to her site.

toddfan
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago
Cos. Cop

I agree with you (another source.) Everyone has thier own opinion on what works... I think it's a personal decision. What works for  one person may not work for someone else. She does have have some good products!

donnyb
1 year, 11 months ago
As it relates to her products, yes.

I use Paula's resist products and have been very pleased with the results.

ShanthiDevi
allstar
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Do any of you follow Paula Begoun's (Cosmetics Cop) advice? Does it usually work?

I have followed her for years....because of my interest in ingredients etc. I always consult her website or book. For the, 'most part' she is right on target. Not to say of course that I don't try before I buy...lol....But with the whole global money making scam associated with the cosmetics industry, I understand that are a zillion products out there thay are just completely worthless are at best redundant. Back to Paula, true things will act different people. But I would never choose somthing that paula rated with a frown!!....And of course I am the last judge! Just always make sure you can return something if it does not work. I use her mostly for ingredients. That is basic knowledge. If it has great ingredients it probably will be good. If it does not have the necessary ingredients I would not even bother. So she is the beginning of my search when concidering a new product. I have never tryed her products though!! I do not like dealing with mail order and having to return if I do not like it. Give it a look at girls. Her website is now free. It is very informative.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend