Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Best moisturizer for dry skin

Discussion

Best moisturizer for dry skin

My moisturizer has to have oil in it because without oil my face practically peels off! But during the winter, and sometimes during the summer my face gets super dry. What moisturizer do you recommend? And is there anything else I can do to accelerate my skin getting back to normal?

Thanks!!!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

8 Replies

socialsum1234
2 years ago
Re: Best moisturizer for dry skin

I like neutragena products as well as the avon products

skincaretalks
1 year, 5 months ago

I would like to suggest you few tips. hope you will like them. 1. Skip steamy showers: These warm and soothing baths however, steal moisture from your skin and dry out your natural oils. 2. Keep your body hydrated by drinking more and more water . 3.Do not exfoliate much. 4. Go for natural oils like olive oil or coconut oil.

MssDani
allstar
2 years ago

There are two moisturizers I use for my dry skin. The first is my morning moisturizer from Clinique. Its called Drastically Different moisturizer in a yellow bottle. It's a great moisturizer to use during the days under makeup. The second I use at night is the St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer. This one is a thick moisturizer I use before bed. These both keep my skin very moisturized. I live in a very dry desert area and these both work great for me.

nylatindoll
2 years ago
Best moisturizer for dry skin

Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer, for Very Dry to Dry Skin

by Clinique 

Borage Dry Skin Therapy 24-Hour Repair Cream
by ShiKai 

TheLacqueredLady
elite
2 years ago

For night, I really like the Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream. It helps make skin look better/younger. It isn't too heavy, but is definitely moisturizing.

I also highly recommend Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil. It is a bit pricey, but completely worth it. Right now it is available on QVC, but will be coming to ULTA this summer. It has really improved my skin.

cfaragalla54
insider
1 year, 11 months ago
best moisturizer

i also have dry and dehydrated skin. :(  i have one really good moisturizer that i use.

1. bioelements absolute moisture moisturizer and you can buy them at either bioelements.com, any marinello school of beauty as well as amazon. it works wonders and you feel that your skin is absolutely soft and not sticky like other moisturizers.

sprout117
allstar
1 year ago

Highly recommend facial oil cleansers such: Origins Energy Oil Cleanser and DHC Facial Oil Cleanser. (These work well on any skin types, even oily). Also, try a make up removing lotion such as Estee Lauder Verite Light Cleanser Lotion. Lastly, Ponds Cold Cream rubbed in really well and then swiped off before bed...Amazingly moisturizing and a classic forever. Most of these have sensitive skin and dry skin options.

NotJustGingerly
allstar
1 year, 4 months ago
Re: Re: Best moisturizer for dry skin
skincaretalks posted:

I would like to suggest you few tips. hope you will like them. 1. Skip steamy showers: These warm and soothing baths however, steal moisture from your skin and dry out your natural oils. 2. Keep your body hydrated by drinking more and more water . 3.Do not exfoliate much. 4. Go for natural oils like olive oil or coconut oil.

All of these things, plus make sure you moisturize asap after shower, bath, or facewash to lock all of the moisture in. I live in Tennessee where it is humid most of the time and still have dry skin. I have tried Aveda beautifying composition on my face and it works well (the packaging has said ok to use on the face in years past, but lately they hustle their face line.) I like using oil on my face, but have to watch it around my eyes or it clogs up my tear ducts and I get puffy eyes.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend