Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Looking for a good makeup remover. Any recommendations?

Discussion

Looking for a good makeup remover. Any recommendations?

Lately I have noticed that my normal nightly cleansing routine is not cutting it as far as taking off my makeup. I do have eye makeup removers but I'm actually looking for one that I can use all over my face. Does anyone have any recommendations? I would prefer to buy a drugstore but if there is a dept store brand that is really good I might splurge for it. Thanks for taking the time to read and reply!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

22 Replies

clouise520
2 years ago
Make Up Remover recommendation

Hi there, I'm a Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay and I teach Skin Care and Color Cosmetic application. Mary Kay Eye MakeUp remover is the best. It's OilFree and Optomologist tested and is gentle for contact lens wearers. I usually use it for just my eyes, though I do have a girlfriend who uses it to take off all her make up before cleansing and she has amazing skin. It's one of our Best Sellers, so you may see it in the magazines. My name is Christina and if you want to see a clip on it go to my website: www.marykay.com/cgomezsmith

I as well would be happy to send you samples, just log yourself onto my site.

terrymike
insider
2 years ago
Lancome also

I agree with MissXu.  I use Lancome's Bi-Facial Remover for everything.  It is a little pricey comparative to drugstore items, but it does last a long time.  I just put it on a round cotton pad, hold it to my eyes for a few seconds and then swipe a couple of times and it removes the mascara.  Swipe under the eyes and I am all done.

dol_e_deaad
2 years ago
Make up remover!!!

I've used many!  I'm in my 50's and a total make up addict.  My all time favorite eye make up remover is very inexpensive.  Avon Effective Eye Make Up Remover.  About $4 a bottle.  I've tried the super $$$ brands, but always come back to this.  It works fast, doesn't irritate your eyes AND you can re-apply make up immediately after, if you have too.  It's about the only Avon product I use constantly.  As far as your face goes...I use a variety.  Suki's Moisture-rich cleansing lotion

is one of my favorites.  Availalbe on Amazon.  They are ALL NATURAL, which is a plus.  I have allergies and their products smell fresh and don't irritate my nose or skin.  They have a varity of cleansers, depending on your skin type.

Lastly, I recommend spending a little on your skin NOW, rather than buying all the anti-aging products later. 

Dermalogica The Sponge Cloth

is fantastic.  Just wet it (it becomes so freaking soft - you'll think you're rubbing air on your skin) and apply whatever cleanser to the sponge.  It takes off everything!  Rinse well and hang to dry.  it becomes stiff as a board, just wet it again and it's soft as ever.  Use over a few times, then throw it in the wash.  It'll last a long time.  They also make wet wipe remover cloths...that are wonderful, but pricey.  If you want a bit more exfoliating, there's something called the WONDER CLOTH.  It's really nice too -- has little fibers to clean pours.  Really gets the grime off your face.  Use over and over, like the D sponge.

For those nights that you can barely get into bed, let alone take all your make up off, Garnier's make up cloths are wonderful and available everywhere.

Both Suki and Dermalogica are available via Amazon and, I'm sure Sephora.

Spend money on good stuff!  I read the recommendations --- some I would not advise.  Mary Kay is the only product ever to break out my face like a strawberry.  I would never use their stuff.

Honestly, I try everything and have a 22 year old daughter who's also addicted to cosmetics.  Best of luck to you!

Btw, sorry for the bizarre type face, couldn't change itKiss

cecilia_mariana_lucente
2 years ago
Wipes & Eye makeup remover

Ladies I love the MARY KAY OIL FREE eye makeup remover.  They also have cleansing wipes that work well.  I have tried many products, but MK has worked best for me!!  Check this out:

www.marykay.com/clucente     FREE SHIPPING

mbree14
1 year, 11 months ago
Re: Looking for a good makeup remover. Any recommendations?

Pond's makeup removing wipes are my favorite wipes because they are so saturated! For more heavy duty, I love Mac Cleanse Off Oil. It removes every trace of face and eye makeup, including the most waterproof and budge-free formulas!  

Cheryl5752
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago
DHC

DHC has an awesome oil makeup remover (it's on sale right now for $22, you can buy it on line). You don't have to use much of it and it takes off every little scrap of makeup and leaves your skin feeling very soft. It doesn't clog pores or cause breakouts.

laceylike
1 year, 11 months ago

I use the Ponds Wipes, but I always remove my eye makeup separately with Neutrogena's Eye Makeup remover. It's gentle and NEVER irritates, which is great because I have really sensitive skin.

sandi_tinker
1 year, 10 months ago
Cruelty free options, anyone?

I know that everyone is trying to help, and for that I applaud all the posters. But it concerns me that everyone is suggesting products that are tested on animals. If you have a Target nearby, Sonia Kashuk makes a very good eye makeup remover. I am currently using Earth Science Chammomile and Green Tea Eye Makeup Remover, which I buy from VitaCost online, but I think it's available at Whole Foods. It has an odd texture, no scent, and it does a great job when you follow the directions. For face makeup, I use Josie Maran's Argan Cleansing Oil, which can be purchased online from her or at Sephora. It seems pricey, but the bottle seems to last forever. In 40+ years of using skin care, I've never found a makeup remover to rival it it. (The only reason I need an eye makeup remover is that the shape of my eyes makes it impossible to get all the makeup off without special care. Most people can use the argan cleansing oil for their whole face.) Used with a Clarisonic Mia, you'll get the cleanest skin of your life without it being stripped, irritated, or left feeling oily.

volta
elite
1 year, 10 months ago

If you want cruelty-free options, Urband Decay's Make Up Meltdown cream is good, and Nars is also cruelty-free. They have cleansing water, make up removing oil, and more. 

Nicole1021
allstar
1 year, 10 months ago

Mary Kay, Lancome and Neuotrogena are all good ones.  I tired a sample of the one from Clarins and it blew all the others away! But to pay that much for makeup remover.. I don't know. 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend