Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Trying to fight dry skin and acne!

Discussion

Trying to fight dry skin and acne!

At my work I spend about 8 hours a day wearing an air-fed respirator, which can really dry out my face. Unfortunately I also have to deal with acne from getting sweaty as I'm usually in about three or four layers of protective clothing and it can get pretty hot (I do a lot of preservation work on a naval base).
At the end of the day I'm required to shower because of "contamination" but I still shower again when I get home because something about the locker rooms still seem gross to me. My skin is REALLY sensitive, but I have to scrub it at the end of the day in order to get all of the dirt off of my face.
Lately I've had issues with a few zits here and there (I usually don't break out much) and my face has been incredibly dry, but the lotion I do have right now just doesn't seem to cut it when it comes to keeping my face moisturized. I use Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Oil-Free Facial Moisturizer, and when I wash my face I use Neutrogena All-in-1 Acne Control Daily Scrub. It's gotten to the point where my chin is peeling really bad, I think that's because at the end of the day, that is where the sweat from my respirator travels and stays. I do my best to keep my face as clean as possible, which is probably why it gets so dry...but it's kind of a must.
So I was wondering if anyone has any kind of specific regimen for keeping their skin moisturized and acne free! I was hoping for some suggestions on maybe some kind of mask or something I can use weekly in order to rejuvenate my skin from the beating it takes while I work.

Thanks!!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

7 Replies

socialsum1234
2 years ago
Re: Trying to fight dry skin and acne!

Although alcohol dries out your skin, it is a great way to clear up your face. a couple of times a week take a cotton ball with a little of alcohol on it and wipe your whole face. Then moisturize, you will see a difference.

brandyc89
2 years ago

try dermalogica they sell it at ulta and the rep is required to take many many classes through dermilogica so they should be able to tell you what would help.. or PCA SKIN AMAZING dermatologists and esthaticians use its amazing can get pricey but the smaller bottles are reasonable and last for ever PCA skin is a really really great line.. And they have an array of stuff for any skin problem most which can be overlapped to tackle multiple problems at once.. :)

socialsum1234
2 years ago
alcohol

has anyone tried the alcohol trick? Any results? I find it helps with the acne as well as really cleans my face.

volta
elite
2 years ago

CeraVe is a great brand for sensitive skin and it has hyaluronic acid which helps your skin retain moisture longer. I use the regular lotion and you can even use that on your face! I actually got a sample from my dermatogolist and I was using the entire bottle on my face, but turns out it's just a lotion! You can find it at Walmart or Walgreens, etc., it's in the skin care area (for face) and it's usually on the bottom. It's VERY affordable for a LARGE bottle!

I had dry skin and I liked that it was lightweight, yet still made my skin feel adequately moisturized and NOT tight! Plus, the hyaluronic acid will keep your skin feeling hydrated throughout the day. Moisturizers that are too thick tend to break me out, so I'm glad that this is lightweight. 

Something that I LOVE to do at night is to mix a couple drops of pure Argan oil into my hand WITH my night moisturizer. My favorite is Josie Maran Argan oil you can get at Sephora for $14 for 0.5 oz. I've had that small bottle since DECEMBER and I'm barely half way through. You only need a couple drops, every person is different--just drop a couple drops into your hand with your moisturizer and rub your hands together to mix it and apply it to your face. It's a VERY lightweight, hydrating, and nourishing addition to your moisturizer that not only has helped with clearing my skin, but it also soothes and heals too. You can use it on ANYTHING from your face, hair, or nails. Another thing is that it helps with anti-aging too. 

RosieBell
1 year, 11 months ago

Ageing is a matter of the past.  Looking younger is now simple with Promaxyl.  The best of anti-wrinkle to stretch mark creams and eye products too.  Here’s the link- http://www.yourskinlooksgreat.com

jml1117
2 years ago
Trying to fight dry skin and acne!

I have really sensitive skin too.  Recently I started making my own honey face masks for moisturizing and sugar scrubs for exfoliating.  I have been surprised at how well they work!  Honey is great for moisturizing, but it also has antibacterial properties, so it helps with acne as well.  The best thing is that my skin is not irritated or oily after using it.  The honey mask can be used often if needed and it's also inexpensive and easy to make.  I also use CeraVe facial cleansers and moisturizers and have not had a problem with irritation.  The cleansers are great for removing dirt and make up.

mckae90
insider
2 years ago

Thanks for all the tips, I've been experimenting with some of them! Unfortunately, the alcohol did dry out my skin a bit, I think it would be a good idea for some but I think it just boils down to the fact that my skin is just ridiculously sensitive.

Thanks again ladies!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend