Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » What skin care product to use for dry skin?

Discussion

What skin care product to use for dry skin?

Hello,

My forehead and nose are ridiculously dry, to the point of peeling. But I have topical acne (Not the deep kind) along my jaw line and under my cheek bones. I'm trying to find a good skin care regimen that will treat my acne without drying out my skin even more than it already is. Any suggestions?

Thanks

nose right

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

7 Replies

powerwoman033
elite
2 years ago
Re: What skin care product to use for dry skin?

Hi Jamilee12,

My suggestion would be to purchase a bottle of the 100% Natural Tarte Maracuja Oil.  I have combination skin as well, and this oil is made to hydrate the dry areas, and control the oily spots.  It is wonderful at evening out your skin texture all over.  You only use this at night, and it is amazing!  This is available at QVC exclusively for now and this oil is described as, "Pure passion. Derived from the Amazonian passion flower, this pure maracuja oil is a powerful and intuitive elixir that instantly absorbs into the skin, delivering a high dose of essential fatty acids and vitamin C to hydrate".  Check it out on www.QVC.com.  I hope this helps!Smile

MissXu
elite
2 years ago
Hmmm

Have you tried mositurizing so that your forehead and nose doesn't get so dry? What products have you tried? Also, your condition does sound a bit serious, so it wouldn't hurt to visit either your doctor who can recommend you to a dermatologist for professional help if you still continue to struggle with this problem. Best of luck!

TheLacqueredLady
elite
2 years ago

I too was going to suggest the Tarte Maracuja oil! It really is fantastic. You can also try some other skin oils if the Tarte product is too pricey. It may sound counter intuitive, but it really will help balance out your skin.

shruti_sood
insider
2 years ago

Hi,

What about going for some natural cure ? A mixture of honey. lemon and curd would help to cure this dryness. It had worked for me. Just give it a try.

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years ago

I like Eucerin's Calming Creme for my bouts of eczema.  It works well on dry skin on the rest of your body too.  I also use Olay's Total Effects 7-1 Anti-Aging Daily Moisturizer (no fragrance).

Also, try exfoliating if not already doing so. I've read that even dry skin needs it at least once a week, to get rid of the dead skin. Otherwise, no matter how much you moisturize it won't penetrate your skin.  The exfoliation keeps pores from getting clogged too, so less breakouts.

I've noticed since I started exfoliating, my skin is in better shape.

I don't know how old you are, but hormones can play a role, as well as any medications.  If only it were simpler, LOL!  Also, if you live in a dry climate, using a humidifier can help so your skin is at least more comfortable at home.

lara2121
2 years ago

You can use glicerin and rose water. Best solution for dry skin.

lasvegasnv
elite
1 year, 10 months ago

I'd recommend some kind of moisturizing cream, like Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream, for the dry areas. For the acne-prone areas, if you apply any kind of acne treatment, just apply it on the spots that need it since acne medication usually makes the skin drier.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend