Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Does anyone clean the outside of their skin care containers?

Discussion

Does anyone clean the outside of their skin care containers?

So I was thinking the other day, when we wash our faces we are handling all of the containers before and after so that means bacteria and other stuff would be on them, right?  Well, considering I just sadi I was thinking about it means I have not sanitized the actual containers so I am spreading germs.  That kind of defeats the purpose of keeping our hands clean, right?  I am now sanitizing my product containers with Clorox wipes.  So, have any of you thought about this?Embarassed

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

RaraGiggles89
insider
2 years ago
Re: Does anyone clean the outside of their skin care containers?

I never actually thought about this but that is a really good point! Imagine,after a great skincare routine you are undoing all your hard work! Any anti-bac wipes would do the same thing wouldn't they?

Thanks for this post!

TeresaDouglas
2 years ago

I periodically wipe down all of my cosmetic/skin care containers with antibiotic wipes. It gets rid of germs as well as any gunky buildup.

socialsum1234
2 years ago
containers

I definetely do. It goes with cleaning and dusting. I believe everything has germs on it. 

toddfan
allstar
2 years ago
Containers

Yes! Not often enough,but,the containers should be cleaned on a regular basis. Great question!

TBjunkie
elite
2 years ago

yes, i wipe down the outside of my containers because I realized the same thing that I touch my face after handling the container or bottle. It should make a difference in your skin if you normally have breakouts, maybe you found the reason why...let us know if you find any changes in your skin after a whileSmile

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend