Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » Shampoo/conditioner for really dry, frizzy curly hair?

Discussion

Shampoo/conditioner for really dry, frizzy curly hair?

Are there any drugstore brand shampoos and condtioners that you recommend for dry frizzy hair? Cool

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

9 Replies

MssDani
allstar
2 years ago
Dry/frizzy/curly hair

I think I'm going to try the Neutrogena one. I've heard great things about it. I'm trying to embrace my natural hair instead of burning it with my straightner.

Bootifull
insider
2 years ago
Shampoo/Conditioner for curly hair

I really like using Redken Smooth Down for my curly hair. It really helps in fighting the frizz, and keeps it looking really nice.

brandyc89
2 years ago
Re: Shampoo/conditioner for really dry, frizzy curly hair?

Try wella enrich shampoo and conditioner smells delish and they have a special formula for fine to normal hair and curly hair... Curly hair needs moisture and thats the enrich line does i use it and it makes my hair feel luxuriously soft!!! also try use sabastian whipped cream its a  styling product and works wonders!!!!!! its a leave in conditioner and styling cream comes out like a mousse but has no mousse qualities like hard stickyness!! amazing thing is it can be used no matter how u plann on styling your hair, works for flatiron, natural curl, using curling iron or just a good old blow dry style. i use these regularly and my hair feels awesome!!!!

JeanC7
insider
1 year, 10 months ago
Re: Re: Shampoo/conditioner for really dry, frizzy curly hair?
TeresaDouglas posted:

Aussie Moist Shampoo and Conditioner work really well on my hair, which tends to be dry and can get frizzy at times. You can find them at most drugstores for an affordable price. There's a deep conditioner available as part of this line too, if you need a more thorough treatment.

I like Suave Shea and Almond!

noellenyny8403
7 months, 3 weeks ago

try clear scalp treatment mask, its done wonders for my hair and they back the product 100% if you aren't happy. Bed head makes a great smoothing serum also.

GigiSD
elite
7 months, 3 weeks ago

I agree with Volta--Neutrogena is AMAZING! Your hair won't be weighed down, but it will feel like real hair again! Good luck! (And don't forget to deep-condition.)

volta
elite
2 years ago

Neutrogena Triple Moisture shampoo and deep daily conditioner. If you have thicker hair, I love to leave the daily deep condition in my hair for a few minutes in the shower as a daily mask. If your hair is thinner, then use as a mask maybe once a week. The conditioner is to die for and I love it! It works really well and made my hair very soft and manageable. 

azdrienne
allstar
2 years ago

Have you considered trying the Curly Girl method? It basically involves going sulfate- and silicone-free. There's a book that fully explains it, The Curly Girl Handbook by Lorraine Massey (http://www.amazon.com/Curly-Girl-Handbook-Lorraine-Massey/dp/076115678X). You can also learn pretty much everything you need about the method from naturallycurly.com. I'm CG and have had a lot of success with it in improving my curls!

If you're not interested in that, I used the Neutrogena Triple Moisture line before going CG. It is very hydrating and smells WONDERFUL!

TeresaDouglas
2 years ago

Aussie Moist Shampoo and Conditioner work really well on my hair, which tends to be dry and can get frizzy at times. You can find them at most drugstores for an affordable price. There's a deep conditioner available as part of this line too, if you need a more thorough treatment.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend