Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Best Serums

Discussion

Best Serums

Which products on the market has the highest amount of retinol? I use retinol products and am interested in which affordable serums has the highest levels of retinol. Thank you for your response..Smile

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

7 Replies

MegRossMac
2 years, 1 month ago
Best Serums

I suggest you try Environ products.  Use a high retinol at night and another anti aging during the day.  But def try Environ products.

powerwoman033
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Best Serums

The highest amount of Retinol is only available through a dermatologist and prescription.  My suggestions for a high level Retinol product are first the Neutrogena Dermatologics Retinol NX Serum available at QVC.  "Neutrogena Dermatologics has found a way to harness the power of retinol in their new line of products in a stabilized formula for less irritation, yet still deliver superior over-the-counter results." says one expert.  This is a thicker serum that is to be used a night for sure and mornings, if you are not sensitive to the retinol.  I also really like Dr. Denese's Advanced Facial Firming Facial Pads, also available at QVC, for a one two punch in my nightly routine.  These pads do not contain retinol, but they have everything else you need to achieve the look you get with retinol, just quicker!Smile

kendallmalloy
insider
2 years ago
Retinol serums

I've done some research on this.  Neutrogena has a good one you use at night.  Peter Thomas Roth

carries a very good one.  A bit pricey--but it lasts forever.  They're both great for sensitive skin.

Kendall Malloy

Chicago, IL

volta
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Best Serums

I LOVE Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Night Fusion PM. Even though it's pricey--$65 for a bottle. It's a liquid serum so it absorbs immediately and you only need a little bit. I have a small version of the bottle from the set which was less than half of the full sixe bottle, but it lasted me forever. I can't imagine how long it will last for the large bottle but it's definitely worth the investment. I've tried a lot of retinol serums/creams/gels and that's one of my favorites by far. It's not nearly as drying as most retinols, but still you need to use it only at night and definitely wear a sunscreen in the morning!!! 

mary_koulianosesser
2 years ago
Retinol serums & lotions

I have tried everything from A to Z and I have been a loyal to the same brand for over 25 years, but I must admit that the Neutrogena Advanced Wrinkle Repair Serum used along with the Neutrogenas Night Repair Lotion and the Neutrogena Day Repair Lotion with SPF 30 are rocking it for 60% less than my usual skin care regiem. My hair- dresser, Dermatoligist, co-worker and my BF noticed a difference in tone, clairity and radience of my skin.  My retired Dermatologist recomended Neutrogena to me 10 years ago if only I had listened. I say this facial care regiem is pennies to the dollar for such amazing results. I also use Cetaphil cleanser which I am not a fan of but my Dermatologist told me to trust her on this one. it does help soothe the skin & calm it down. The Neutrogena lines Vit A is a potent OTC % so you may tingle for the first week. If you feel it is too much for you to handle alternate between the serum every other night with the night repair on alt nights. Good luck and just wait a couple of weeks from now. I know the advertisement states 1 week but it was week 3 for me!

kimber_diane
2 years ago
Best Retinol Serum

I have used the ROC and Neutrogena retinol based serums and creams for about 20 years.  They worked OK.  However, I have started using RESIST Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum by Paula's Choice over the last 3 months, and the difference it has made is amazing.  I highly recommend it!!!!

Kim

Eureka Springs

nylatindoll
2 years ago
Reference to best serums

I had used Dr. Denese FirmaTone Rx RetinolMax Firming Serum for a while now and loved it. However ever since I joined Beautypedia I have learn how to spend my money when it comes to beauty treatments especially when I haven't seen results from previous products. Now I changed to RESIST Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum by Paula's Choice. Well priced and has worked pretty good. You mostly pay for the name and not the product. So why not try others to see. If the main ingredient is with in the first 5 on the label then it's all good. Also don't buy nothing that comes in a jar. Looses it stablization once air hits it. Be smart ladies. Good luck! 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend