Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Primer

Discussion

Primer

I have oily, acne prone skin and acne scaring.  What type of primer would you recommend for my type of skin?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

ckbj2010
insider
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Primer

The Mary Kay Foundation Primer is awesome. I have oily skin in my t-zone and the primer instantly mattifies it and keeps it that way all day. It also never caused me to break out, and since my skin can be a bit finicky when it comes to foundations and primers that was a huge plus. I think it's around $16 so it's not outrageously priced like most of the really good primers tend to be. Hope this helps!

powerwoman033
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Primer

It sounds like we have very similar skin types!  My favorite primers for our acne prone and acne scared skin are first Laura Geller's Spackle Primer (available at QVC).  This formula is made specifically for filling in those acne scars and does not cause break outs!  My second favorite primer is actually a multi-tasking product called Miracle Skin Transformer.  It contains light reflecting pigments that help to camouflage those scars and won't cause break outs (available at Sephora).  My last favorite is the Make Up Forever HD Primer.  This primer is a bit more matte than the other 2 I listed, but it is fabulous for oily skin because it helps control oil production (available at Sephora).  I had to go by trial and error to find a primer I loved and you will have to try a few as well.  All primers have different consistencies and you have to decide which one works best for you!  Good Luck!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend