Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Intense Hair Mask

Discussion

Intense Hair Mask

The ends of my hair are really dry, but I want to avoid getting a hair cut because I am trying to grow it out.
Is there a product that I can apply to my hair that will seal split ends and make my hair look more vibrant? I was hoping to find a intense hair mask of some sort.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

9 Replies

glamgirlseven
insider
2 years, 1 month ago
Intense HAir Mask

Try Dove Intensive Repair conditioner - my hair is heat styled and over processed - this keeps it in check. Also for a good shine and moisture boost try Aussie 3 minute miracleLaughing

volta
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Intense Hair Mask

Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment Plus mask. 

RaraGiggles89
insider
2 years, 1 month ago

I have tried Aussie 3 minute Miracle as well, I find it really good and it smells great!

Also, anytime you have a few hours to spare or even more night before you go to bed try Coconut oil in the ends of your hair! It is really really good for dry brittle hair! It comes like a hard white substance but softens a little in the warmth of your hands. Don't apply to the roots though, it will cause them to get greasy!

Good luck!

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Fekkai hair mask with shea butter is amazing!

powerwoman033
elite
2 years, 1 month ago

I have 2 products to recommend.  The first is the Wen Re-Moist Hydrating Mask.  It is the ultimate moisturizing treatment for dry, damaged, or stressed hair.  Formulated for all hair types and exceptional on dry, dehydrated, or color-treated hair.  This intensive hydrating treatment helps moisturize dry, stressed hair--restoring body and shine.

My second recommendation is the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque.  A combination of macadamia oil and argan oil along with tea tree oil, chamomile oil, aloe, and algae extracts rejuvenate and rebuild hair.

Both of these are natural choices and both are proven to improve dry and damaged hair.  I hope this helps! Tongue out

kellicat
2 years, 1 month ago
Has anyone tried the Nexxus or TRESemme Split End Repair product lines?

Thanks to all who suggested intense repair masks for split end remediation; I will have to give some of these a try. I was curious about whether anyone has tried the new product lines from Nexxus or TRESemme marketed specifically for split end repair, and if they've seen any real results, or if it's all just marketing hype?

chealy215
insider
2 years, 1 month ago
Treseme

Just as a reply to the person who asked about the Treseme repair line, I have tried the serum and although it said 80% better ends with,w hat, three tries? I've almost used the entire bottle and I have not notices a significant difference. My amount of split ends were not reduced. It might be that you ahve to use all the products in the line together, but I haven't noticed enough of a difference to spend money on the entire line.

terrymike
insider
2 years, 1 month ago

Seriously, the only way to get rid of split ends is to cut them off.  Once your hair follicle is split, it will continue to split higher up the hair shaft, ultimately breaking off and leaving you with shorter hair.  If you get the ends trimmed, your hair will definitely be healthier to allow it to grow longer.  I am not talking about cutting inches off at a time, but 1/2" will go a long way to making your hair look healthier and well kept.

hananoire
allstar
2 years ago
Probably not what you wanted to hear

I'm sorry to tell you, but once your ends have split, there's no other way to get rid of them but to trim them. Then you should use the intense hair mask to prevent future split ends. I use Dove Nourishing Oil Care Deep Conditioner, I flat iron my hair every day and I have almost no split ends.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend