Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Best foundation for oily skin?

Discussion

Best foundation for oily skin?

Hey all! I can't seem to find a good foundation for my oily skin! Any recommendations?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

9 Replies

RaraGiggles89
insider
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Best foundation for oily skin?

brilliant, thanks ladies for all the advice :)

myglossyaffair
1 year, 2 months ago

You just give Estee Lauder Double Wear Max Coverage Foundation a try and m sure you won't regret!! This is the the best one for us oily skinned gals. It gives full coverage, no breakouts and perfect professional finish. I am using this one for more than 2 years now and that too very extensively. And I love it. It has SPF also. The Best !! You can also read about ir here - http://myglossyaffair.blogspot.in/2012/10/estee-lauder-double-wear-maximum-cover.html

volta
elite
2 years, 1 month ago

Try Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. There is a lot of pigment in that makeup, and the more pigment there is, often it can be more drying for some. I work a lot with MUFE products and some people think it can be drying for them only because they already have super dry skin. I have super dry skin, but I moisturize well so I have no problem with it at all. If you have oily, combination, or normal skin, I would seriously give it a try because it might control a bit of it and then set it with powder and touch up with the powder again throughout the day as you need it. 

RaraGiggles89
insider
2 years, 1 month ago

Brilliant, thanks for the advice ladies!

I don't think we have Covergirl or Makeup Forever here but I will have a wee look-see on amazon! :)

Thanks again :)

darkangel81
allstar
2 years, 1 month ago
Use primer then foundation

I have oily skin too so it helps me that I use primer then foundation to make it last longer. 

I like to use L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base, then either Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation or Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation.

If you want to try powder foundation, which is recommended for oily skin anyway, try Milani The Multitasker Face Powder or Mark Powder Buff Natural Skin Foundation.  I usually buy drugstore or catalog/online (Avon, for example), and these work for me. 

Hope this helps!

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals is amazing!

I love it because it goes on so light yet still provides excellent coverage. I think its perfect for every type of skin but especially oily skin! 

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
1 year, 10 months ago

I have insanely oily skin, and most foundations end up sliding right off of my face. MAC Prolongwear really does last all day for me though, and it looks even better for longer when I combine it with MAC Blot powder.

dawnrager
allstar
2 years, 1 month ago
Best foundation for oily skin?

I find I can use most any kind of foundation so long as I use a good primer.  I like Avon'a MagiX Face Perfector.  

Almay has a good foundation made for oily skin, as does Neutrogena.  Revlon's ColorStay (for combination skin) is also another favorite.

CoverGirl also has a pretty good foundation for oily skin.  I believe it is the CLEAN MAKEUP line.

Hope this helps! 

powerwoman033
elite
2 years, 1 month ago

As the other have stated, a good primer will help control oil and keep your makeup on.  My first choice for oily skin is Laura Geller's Spackle primer (available at QVC and Ulta).  This is silicone based, so it will also help camouflage acne scars and fine lines without causing breakouts!  The perfect foundation for oily skin is the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full-Coverage Foundation with SPF 15 with brush.  Neutralize your complexion as you achieve total skin equilibrium with this Amazonian clay-infused foundation. Applied with the included airbrush finish foundation brush, this revolutionary foundation works to reduce the appearance of pores, discolorations, and imperfections, and helps ensure a perfectly flawless complexion every time. Plus, it has SPF 15 for total skin protection.    I hope this helps!Using the brush will give you a airbrushed finish and the clay in this foundation will contol your oil all day and night!  This available at QVC, Sephora, and the Tarte website.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend