Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Deoderant White Marks

Discussion

Deoderant White Marks

I always get white deoderant marks on my tops.
Even if I put the deoderant on after I get dressed, I always have that white stain on my shirts. Anyone out there have advice on how to avoid this pesky problem?!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

yestfl
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
White marks

OMG I have the same problem!!! And I use dove, have you tried using gel ones?

powerwoman033
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Deodorant White Spots

I can tell you how I avoid the white deodorant marks 95% of the time and I hope it is not TMI but it is a system!  First, I need a deodorant that controls wetness and odor so I use Secret Clinical Strength Powder Fresh.  The delivery system on it works for me.  It dispenses small ribbons of product through 4 or 5 slots and you apply that amount to each armpit.  So, there is no deodorant sticking out when you begin.  I put my shirt on first and then I take the deodorant through the top, (or neckline) click until enough product dispenses, (2 clicks) and apply to 1 armpit and then, keeping the deodorant stick in my shirt, 2 clicks to the other armpit.  I am very careful, but I avoid those marks 95% of the time.  I find if I try to put my deodorant on going up and under my shirt, I have a lot more possibility of marks.

I have had no luck appling deodorant before dressing, so no advice on that.  :( 

If you don't need a hard core deodorant, you could try a clear gel or clear roll-on.  I have found that most of those will also leave a residue that is visible and usually don't work very well.

My third little deodorant tidbit is this: try aerosol deodorant.  I know it is hazardous to the environment, but in the case of my husband, his stick deodorant always showed and it was eating away the armpits of his shirts.  Our best friends told us they had changed to the aerosol deodorant, and the problem ceased happening.  He puts his shirt on first, lifts from underneath at the hem, and sprays.  Doing it this way, helps control where the spray goes, and you are left with no white marks.

I know none of these are perfect solutions, but one of these might help you!

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Deodorant white marks

I have used Dove antiperspirant for years and have NEVER had any white marks caused by it. It is a stick deodorant. Try giving this a whirl, and I am sure you will not experience that problem again. Carole VonAllten

E.A.
2 years, 1 month ago
i had the same problem

i used in the past secret and alot of other brands but the one that worked for me was mitchum. no white spots at all.i have been using it for four years now and i still love it. i told my sis about it and she has been using it since then too. try it you will not be disappointed.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend