Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » Straw hair!

Discussion

Straw hair!

Back in december i cut my hair and i decided to let the lady pass a knife looking thing throughout my hair in order to thin it out. This was a very bad idea since i already have thin hair. Now my hair is rough and it looks like straw and i just hate it. I have no idea how to get my hair healthier and silkier. Any tips?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

8 Replies

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Joico kpak! i swear by this!!

My hair stylist recommended this to me a few years ago and it helped my hair immensly!! I used the Joico Kpak shampoo, then the cuticle treatment and left it on for 20 mins in the shower. Then I used the conditioner, and finished with the hydrator by leaving in on for 2 hours. I did this treatment once a week and my hair turned right around! Seriously the best thing I've found for dry, brittle hair! 

brandyc89
2 years ago
Re: Straw hair!

k-pak is amazing the recontructer is my favorite used weekly works wonders or its a ten miracle mask the name says it all... Sebastian whipped cream i think its like 15 bucks worth every penny it is a leave in conditioner and styling cream makes your hair feel heavenly and it helps keep your hair soft in between treatments and it can be used daily.. but dont do deep conditioning to often has it will have a reverse effect! sometimes we think if a little is good then a lot is better not in this case sometimes adding to much pprotien to the hair can make it feel even more dry and brittle!! once a week is good enough.. you can also try going to a salon and getting a glaze or clear shine most glazes are demipermanent and what the do is coat the hair and smooth out the  cuticle plus your hair will look super shiney and nice... if a salon is too expensive you can try a cosmetology school itll be a 1/4 of what you would pay at the salon plus a glaze is fool proof all they do is apply the clear liquid to all your hair make sure it is fully saturated wait 20-30 min shampoo and your done Laughing

jessicaviolett
allstar
10 months, 3 weeks ago

deep conditioning masks, try taking biotin, don't use heat products. let it grow! it only takes time.

RoleModel
allstar
10 months ago

Consider using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. You should also deep condition. I usually apply deep conditioner after washing my hair. Then I put a plastic grocery bag over my head and tie it in a knot. I put my shower cap on top and usually clean or sometimes leave it in overnight. The heat from the plastic traps moisture and helps the conditioner penetrate deep into your hair shaft. Argan oil products are also very moisturizing and come in many forms. Spray, oil treatments, serums, styling creams, and mousse.

GigiSD
elite
10 months ago
Re: Re: Straw hair!
brandyc89 posted:

k-pak is amazing the recontructer is my favorite used weekly works wonders or its a ten miracle mask the name says it all... Sebastian whipped cream i think its like 15 bucks worth every penny it is a leave in conditioner and styling cream makes your hair feel heavenly and it helps keep your hair soft in between treatments and it can be used daily.. but dont do deep conditioning to often has it will have a reverse effect! sometimes we think if a little is good then a lot is better not in this case sometimes adding to much pprotien to the hair can make it feel even more dry and brittle!! once a week is good enough.. you can also try going to a salon and getting a glaze or clear shine most glazes are demipermanent and what the do is coat the hair and smooth out the  cuticle plus your hair will look super shiney and nice... if a salon is too expensive you can try a cosmetology school itll be a 1/4 of what you would pay at the salon plus a glaze is fool proof all they do is apply the clear liquid to all your hair make sure it is fully saturated wait 20-30 min shampoo and your done Laughing

Never thought about a cosmetology school--thanks!

GigiSD
elite
10 months ago
jessicaviolett posted:

deep conditioning masks, try taking biotin, don't use heat products. let it grow! it only takes time.

True--Biotin and all B Vitamins are so essential. Good point.

GigiSD
elite
10 months ago
RoleModel posted:

Consider using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. You should also deep condition. I usually apply deep conditioner after washing my hair. Then I put a plastic grocery bag over my head and tie it in a knot. I put my shower cap on top and usually clean or sometimes leave it in overnight. The heat from the plastic traps moisture and helps the conditioner penetrate deep into your hair shaft. Argan oil products are also very moisturizing and come in many forms. Spray, oil treatments, serums, styling creams, and mousse.

I've done this--it works!

GigiSD
elite
10 months ago
Re: Joico kpak! i swear by this!!
ladyboarder9669 posted:

My hair stylist recommended this to me a few years ago and it helped my hair immensly!! I used the Joico Kpak shampoo, then the cuticle treatment and left it on for 20 mins in the shower. Then I used the conditioner, and finished with the hydrator by leaving in on for 2 hours. I did this treatment once a week and my hair turned right around! Seriously the best thing I've found for dry, brittle hair! 

Tried it and loved it; thanks for the reminder!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend