Home » Community » Message Boards » » Eyelash Extension - Advice?

Discussion

Eyelash Extension - Advice?

I am debating getting eye lash extensions but I am unsure about them.
Are there any negative effects? Do they get in the way? Any advice?!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

9 Replies

MissXu
elite
2 years ago
Considered it

Having invisible lashes, I've considered getting extensions before, but never got it. Did you end up going through with the procedure or are you still deciding? 

allison_roth
2 years, 1 month ago
Xtreme Lashes

Eyelash extensions are wonderful as long as you go to a certified Xtreme Lashes stylist. There is no damage at all with XL because each natural lash is isolated one by one, then one synthetic lash is applied to only one natural lash. They grow out naturally with your lashes. Be very careful you do not bargain shop, as there are many untrained people out there gluing false cluster lashes with semi permanent adhesive. Do your research. Visit xtremelashes.com

darkangel81
allstar
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Eyelash Extension - Advice?

My boss got eyelash extensions and they came out really nice, where she didn't need to use mascara or anything.  But she has allergies and her eyes got swollen so that's something that might happen to you. 

But they don't last long.  They start to fall out along with your natural lashes.  When hers were falling out, her lashes were extremely uneven since she got long ones when she has short lashes.  Plus, when you wash your face, you have to be extremely gently washing your eyes because the lashes will fall out too. 

I think you are better off using falsh lash strips or those individual clusters.

volta
elite
2 years, 1 month ago

Personally, I wouldn't even bother because they're very high maintenance in which there are SO many products you cannot use! 

MssDani
allstar
2 years ago

My cousin decided to get eyelash extensions and she had a horrible experience. Practically all of her natural eyelashes fell out along with the extensions. She is still waiting for them to grow in. I honestly have not had any of my friends recommend them. If you do decide to do it make sure its a licensed salon and the technician knows what he/she is doing.

eyechic
1 year, 8 months ago

eyelash extension are lovely at first, but i'm afraid that is it needs a lot of maintenance and may put your lashes at risk. Bald eyelashes are shameful. No one wants to look like alien. it is not recommended to try.

shruti_sood
insider
2 years, 1 month ago

I would not suggest you to go for the eye lash extension. It is a risky things. It may get shed off. Just with whatever is there for you.

davia_gorman
insider
2 years ago
Your Going To Waste Your Cash

I know your debating the same thing I did about a year ago..after some long research, asking a ton of questions and actually going to to have them done..I had an a moment of clarity!

It is so easy to learn how to apply your own "falsies" and there are several awesome mascaras with legnthing fibers in them..why on earth would I waste the money on extentions!

If your eyes are sensitve, you actually like to wear makeup, or your wear contacts..I wouldn't waste your cash!

eli
insider
1 year, 11 months ago
Eyelash extension advice

Ya, always go to the professionals. They can or cannot be for you. They look great, but how much are you paying and how long are the lashes staying on? I opt for false eyelashes,when I want to wear them or for a special event, going out to dinner, whatever. I cut them to size and the ends I cut off, I use them at the very outer end of my lashes, for a little lift and use eyeliner. I've gotten compliments, so I stay with using the false eyelashes. From what I have seen on other women and talking to them and getting advice, seems my false eyelashes are just as good.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend