Home » Community » Message Boards » Get Healthy » Breaking out in a cold sweat for no appearent reason?

Discussion

Breaking out in a cold sweat for no appearent reason?

This never happened to me before.. I got up this morning and went into the bathroom to take a shower and all of a sudden I broke out in a cold sweat and felt real weak.. It lasted for a couple minutes.. It felt like I had the flue and was about to get real sick... But I didn't.. Matter of fact I feel fine! After it passed I looked in the mirror and my face was white but again.. I felt fine. And I still do? Anyone ever experience this.. Has me baffled..

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

TheLacqueredLady
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Breaking out in a cold sweat for no appearent reason?

To be honest, this isn't the right forum for this. You really should ask a medical professional about this. I have had this happen to me due to really low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). If you continue to have cold sweats or find you have other issues, just go have a conversation with your doctor. You can also bring it up to your Women's Health Physician during your yearly exam.

mrgrtclrk
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Re: Breaking out in a cold sweat for no appearent reason?
TheLacqueredLady posted:

To be honest, this isn't the right forum for this. You really should ask a medical professional about this. I have had this happen to me due to really low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). If you continue to have cold sweats or find you have other issues, just go have a conversation with your doctor. You can also bring it up to your Women's Health Physician during your yearly exam.

I want to ask about the sweating problem not the cold but normal. Some people have the problem of excessive sweating what are natural remedies for this health problem. <a href="http://www.stopsweat.com/excessive_sweating.htm">Excessive sweat</a>

Supernaturalfan
insider
2 years, 1 month ago

I don't know how old are you are, but it could be hormones.  I get hot flashes, as well as cold ones or a cold sweat!

I had this happen to be years before the hot flashes, and they could never find anything wrong with me.  They didn't know what caused it either.

Maybe you were getting sick, but your system nipped it in the bud in time.

If it gets worse or happens enough to affect how you function, maybe see a doctor even though they never explained mine.

mrgrtclrk
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Re: Breaking out in a cold sweat for no appearent reason?
TheLacqueredLady posted:

I want to ask about the sweating problem not the cold but normal. Some people have the problem of excessive sweating what are natural remedies for this health problem. <a href="http://www.stopsweat.com/excessive_sweating.htm">Excessive sweat</a>

LadySara
insider
2 years, 1 month ago

Your cold sweats are obviously different from regular sweating (e.g exercising). They are usally not a problem, but could be a sign of a problem. Im not trying to put fear in you, because again cold sweats are not a problem. Its usually a sign of flight or fight response which is a reaction that your body produces from stress. These stresses could be pain, lack of O2 , fear or low blood sugar. If they keep happening to you , I recommend you go see a doctor to rule out anything serious happening in your body.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend