Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Tips on dark circles.

Discussion

Tips on dark circles.

I have kind of nasty dark circles. Those who have my problem, what do you do to cover them or to make them disappear?? 

Could you give me a good concealer and a good cream to make them less visible?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

volta
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Tips on dark circles.

I've been using Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm which also helps brighten dark circles and it has caffeine in it to boost circulation. Those have helped a bit with my dark cirlces. Keep in mind that if you have hereditary dark circles, those almost never completely go away. The best thing you can do is brighten them up so they're easier to cover with concealer.

Normally, it's recommended to use an orange based concealer which neutralized dark pigments, then you can top it with a layer of foundation, or another concealer. I really like Mac's Studio Finish spf 35 concealer pots, as well as Cargo's One Base Concealer. Those work for me, but they may not be right for other people, so definitely play around to see which concealer is right for you. :-)

Back to the eye cream, using it makes a HUGE difference in putting on concealer or eye make up. You know how much of a difference it is when you put on make up with and without moisturizer...the same concept applies to your eyes as well! You especially need an eye cream because the pigment in make up can be very drying and you don't have very many oil glands around that already delicate area. I think every person should start wearing an eye cream starting their early 20's--nothing too extreme like something for heavy wrinkles, just something that will at least hydrate (and/or brighten, fine lines---whatever your next concern with your eyes are). The sooner you start, the sooner it is to maintain as you do get older and deeper lines start to form. :-)

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Dark Circles

I put on founation first, and tap in on the circles. Then I put Benefit Erase Paste over the foundation. Just tap that in, too. A little goes a long way.

ElphieGranger
allstar
2 years, 1 month ago
Dark circles

The dark circles plague me too. I've found that if I can get really consistent with cardio work-outs the area brightens up a little bit. I'm in my early twenties, and have clear skin, but I can't remember ever leaving the house without make-up because without it, the dark under eye circles make me look like death warmed over. I'd like to hear from someone who has used hydrolyze or a similar product. Is there a laser procedure that can reduce under eye circles? I was once told that the circles were cause my trapped blood. I wonder if that is true.

erica_abdullah
insider
2 years, 1 month ago
Eye Cream & Concealer

As I approached my mid-thirties I had more to consider in an eye cream than just concealing my dark hereditary under eye circles. I was also trying to resolve sever dryness/peeling and the beginnings of fine lines. I’ve wasted a lot of money in a variety of drugstore/dept store items that I have been very disappointed in. Here is what I found to work, although everyone’s skin is different so if you have the opportunity to visit Sephora for samples or access them online I would strongly recommend before committing to a larger dollar purchase.

Ole Henriksen Truth Is In The Eyes :Eye Peel. This is a gentle peel you wear under your eye moisturizer AM and PM that has worked wonders for my peeling skin.

Ole Henriksen Total Truth Eye Crème SPF 15. This daytime eye cream works great under any concealer. It won’t creep or cause any issues with your other products. The bonus is it smells like citrus or orange tictacs.

If you’re looking for a good drugstore brand or need something a little less heavy, I’ve had great luck with Burt’s Bees Radiance Eye Cream, but it is probably better as a nighttime treatment then under makeup.

My favorite concealer of all time is Makeup Forever Full Coverage Concealer. It is pretty much bulletproof.

Good Luck!

BlondeBabe
insider
2 years, 1 month ago
Two Hottie Tips

Try Ko Ken Do concealer-(Japanese) small cream compact with directions on what goes where-excellent-another suggestion is Colorscience corrector kit-slimline kit with instructions and a brush for what goes where as far as problems go and the color to correct it.  Excellent product.  I have a blue vein under one eye which will never go away but either one of these concealer kits does the job.  Goood luck ladies-if you don't like the product you can always return it.

powerwoman033
elite
2 years ago
Re: Tips on dark circles.

I found a concealer that actually covers my dark circles without looking like a concealer is there.  I use the Tarte Maracuja Creasless Waterproof Concealer available at www.tartecosmetics.com.  This concealer is thick and a little goes a very long way!  You have 5 shades to choose from for a perfect match and this won't move until you take it off.  This really covers those dark circles amazingly!  I hope this helps! Smile

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend