Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Beer good for your hair?

Discussion

Beer good for your hair?

So I was complaining to my friend that my hair was horrible, and her mom jumped into the conversation and told me to wash/rinse my hair with beer. I was like, what? I  have never heard of using  beer on your hair. She said it would make it soft and shiny. I am actually kind of curious. So just wanted to know if you've ever done this, or what are your thoughts on this? It kinda sounds gross and honestly I would rather drink it than put it on my hair, but I'm also curious and too scared to try it. Anyone else heard of this, or tried it before? If you tried it, have what were your results?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

1 Reply

powerwoman033
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Beer good for your hair?

Beer has as many coveted ingredients as many products on the market: B vitamins, protein, maltose, and sucrose are special ingredients that hops, malt, and fermentation just happen to introduce to beer. Beer clarifies, adds volume, makes hair shiny, and promotes hair growth. Beer is best left to hair that’s not colored—it can make color-treated hair feel dry. Beer is great on ethnic hair.

• B vitamins and protein repair damaged hair, promote growth, and boost overall body and shine
  • Maltose and sucrose sugars enhance shine
  • Corn, rice, and wheat protein add volume, making hair seem thicker both by swelling the hair shaft and depositing proteins on the outer shaft.

Because beer is rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and amino acids, its bounty is only beginning to be explored by high-end health spas, product manufacturers, and do-it-yourself beauties everywhere.

Definitely worth trying and not an urban legend!  Hope this helps! Smile

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend