Home » Community » Message Boards » » Luxury for less -- do you splurge or go for the bargain brand?

Discussion

Luxury for less -- do you splurge or go for the bargain brand?

When it comes to your beauty products, do you splurge on luxury products, or are you a bargain hunter looking for a comparable product for less?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

8 Replies

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Luxury v Bargain

I like to use both. It depends on what it is. I use L'Oreal for foundation, Urban Decay, Too Faced, Revlon and Maybelline for shadows. I use a special shampoo and conditioner to grow hair fast. I use name brand lotions as a real treat, and name brand facial creams. I have tried Olay products and hate them. I use Garnier leave in conditioner. Really works.

lilian_rodriguez
insider
2 years, 1 month ago
LOVE LUXURY BUT CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT BARGAIN BRAND

I Definitely love a little of both worlds. Most bargain products could be compared to Luxury products in my perspective. As much as I love Dior show Mascara, covergirl's Lash Blast is A - Amazing. So I think that everyone should buy a lil bit of both and not just Luxury because of their name brands.

volta
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Luxury for less -- do you splurge or go for the bargain brand?

I'm not going to lie, I'm a sucker for luxury. Total Sephora addict hardcore (to make matters worse, I even work there). However, I have been dramatically improving my shopping habits. That's why I like this site so much because if I hear about an alternative that is exceptional for a low price, then that is a thrill. I'm a sucker for bargain brushes though. My collection works just as well as the luxury brushes I've used in the past. In addition, I'm always researching extensively over product reviews--I seldom make compulsive purchases anymore. :-)

minluv
insider
2 years, 1 month ago
Luxury Vs Bargain Brand

It's all about the quality of the product.  If I spent serious money on something and it did nothing for me then I'm just out that money.  Luxury does not equal better. I read alot of reviews and try out the product first if I can.

powerwoman033
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Luxury vs. Bargain

My philosophy is to try to stay middle of the road.  I am willing to pay for skincare that works, makeup that lasts, and tools that help improve ME!  I am not only a Sephora (online) addict that is even a VIB there, but I love QVC as well.  I can watch Laura Geller, Mally Roncal, and Holli Mordini (Smashbox) apply the very products I am looking to buy.  Through my years of being obsessed with beauty products and makeup, paying a little more will usually equal a better product (I said usually).  I love QVC because if I don't like the product, I can return it, no questions asked, for a full refund.  I find it's the perfect way to make sure a product is working for me.  If it works and out performs a bargain price, I will always go to product that performs!  Money mouth

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years ago
I've def started going more towards luxury brands...

kiminsc
insider
2 years ago
Luxury for less

I use both.  For face wash, bargain but for moisturizing spluge on the serum and bargain moisturizer.

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
1 year, 10 months ago
Re: Luxury for less -- do you splurge or go for the bargain brand?

If I can find a comparable product for less, I'll go for it, as long as it's convenient. However, sometimes there aren't as many colors to choose from with bargain brands.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend