Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Dry Shampoo Spray - Does it really work?

Discussion

Dry Shampoo Spray - Does it really work?

I saw this dry shampoo spray product today that you can spray into your hair in case you need to save time and dont feel like washing your hair.

It's suppose to soak up the oil in your hair and leave your hair looking freshly washed.

I was about to buy it, but had second thoughts... does it really work??! Because if it does, I think its a great idea!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

9 Replies

brittany_sustaita
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Dry Shampoo Spray - Does it really work?

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder is some brands are better than others??

TheLacqueredLady
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Not really...

I have medium thick, slightly wavy hair. I tend to get oily roots and dry ends. I have tried several different drugstore brands of dry shampoo including Suave and Tressemme (sp?). Honestly, I don't feel like they do anything for my hair. They do create a bit of extra body and can help hair look less greasy, but I also find they make my hair stiff. They certainly do NOT give you a just washed look like they advertise. Frankly, I think they are fine for use before putting your hair up in a ponytail to extend your hair for a few extra hours, but I would not use them with my hair down. They also tend to make hair look a bit darker and ashy looking - I have tried them with both blonde and red hair and this is the case in both. They also are pretty strongly scented. 

The bottom line is that they might work for you, but they don't work miracles. I still always have a bottle on hand for emergencies, but it does not leave hair looking freshly washed. 

RaraGiggles89
insider
2 years, 1 month ago

It does make your hair dull and lacking in shine but if there is a day you totally do not have the time to wash your hair then I find it is good for my fringe. cos I find if my hair is greasy and oily I feel horrid the entire day! I find the best dry shampoo is Batiste, it comes in different scents and while it may leave your hair a little dull it is the only dry shampoo I have found to not leave my hair "stiff" as the other poster said.

RaraGiggles89
insider
2 years, 1 month ago

http://www.batistehair.co.uk/

here is a link so you can check it out!

meg7575
2 years, 1 month ago
Dry Shampoo

Honestly as weird as this sounds, I found that the dry shampoo made my hair feel even greasier and certainly did not look freshly washed. Maybe it's the ones I used, I tried Tres Semme (I think) and Oscar Blandi but I was definitely not impressed. If I could find a good one I would be thrilled because I have a ton of hair and not much time to wash it every day or every other day but so far no luck.

shruti_sood
insider
2 years, 1 month ago

Well right now it may look good and it may work as well but I am not sure whether it would turn your hair white. I am saying this coz I had a color on my hair and it just atarted falling off as well as turned white once the color went off. If this product is giving you some positive effects then their would be some negative effects as well.

darkangel81
allstar
2 years, 1 month ago

I tried different brands too, but the problem is the product leaves a white residue which is obvious if you have naturally jet black hair like I do!  I've given up on dry shampoo.

If I don't have time to wash my hair, I spray it with Aussie 3-minute miracle leave in conditioner so at least it will smell good, them pull it back into a bun or low ponytail.

mimi1411
insider
2 years, 1 month ago
Dry Shampoo Spray

I have tried several different kinds and I don't think they work. I have fine hair but a lot of it. Dry shampoo leaves my hair looking "heavy" and not clean. I wish it worked!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend