Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » L'Oreal Le Balm vs. Revlon Lip Butters

Discussion

L'Oreal Le Balm vs. Revlon Lip Butters

I'm thinking about purchasing one of these two brands, and have heard some intense debate about which is better. Which one do you prefer and in what shades?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

Mariags
2 years, 1 month ago
Le Balm vs Lip Butters

Hi.  I own four Revlon ones and one L'Oreal.  In Revlon I have the red, berry, pink and bronze colors (Sorry I don't remember the names.)  In L'Oreal, just the light pink one.  In my experience the Revlon ones are super pigmented, almost like a lipstick, with the texture of a balm.  L'Oreal's is virtually invisible, kind of like a tinted chapstick or those new lip smacker psuedo balms from Maybelline.

My favorite Revlon is the beigey bronze one, (maybe Creme Brulee is the name).  It's my favorite neutral lip to keep in my purse for everyday wear.  The Red is an almost too intense red on me, but it probably works for those with warmer/darker coloring.  If you own any of Poppy Lipstick Queen lipsticks like Midevil, the Revlon butters show up way more than those lipsticks as a comparison.

Hope this helps.

TheLacqueredLady
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: L'Oreal Le Balm vs. Revlon Lip Butters

Thanks for the help! I picked up one of the Revon lip butters today, which I got on a great sale. It is really pigmented, which I like, but I already have so many lipsticks, I think I will just stick with the one for now. 

darkangel81
allstar
2 years, 1 month ago
Here's what I think about both

It depends on how much color you want on your lips.  Le Balm is sheer but it's buildable.  Lip Butter has slightly more pigments, which almost mimick a sheer lipstick.  At the moment, I have Le Balm in Nourishing Nude and Lip Butter in Pink Truffle.  I wasn't sure how the color payoff was going to be at the time I purchased it so I went for natural looking colors.  Nourshing Nude is exactly like my lip color but better so I'm able to apply it without a mirror.  I use Pink Truffle for going out since it has more color to it.  I like to play up my eyes more so I stay with a neutral lip. 

Hope this helps. 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend