Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » How do I fix a very bad ingrown hair?

Discussion

How do I fix a very bad ingrown hair?

I have an ingrown hair near my bikini line and it HURTS so much! What can I do to get rid of it? I am scared to touch it because its inflamed and tender. Any secrets of getting rid of this?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

TheLacqueredLady
elite
2 years, 2 months ago
Ouch!

These sure are uncomforable! The best thing to do is to not go digging for it or try to pluck it out. Apply hot compresses to help coax the hair out and just be patient. Eventually it will surface or get close enough to the surface to help it out. You should also apply some antibiotic cream to the spot with a q-tip to prevent it from becoming infected. If the ingrown hair persists, you should go see your family doctor. You do not want an infection.

Finally, there are several things you can do to prevent in grown hairs. Exfoliate the skin before removing hair. If you shave, shave with the grain with a sharp razor with few blades (no more than two). If you wax, ensure you are really getting the entire hair and not just ripping it off below the hair line. You can also apply after treatments like bikini zone and may consider sleeping comando for a night or two after hair removal to prevent extra rubbing from your panties.

ZaraBear
1 year ago
Re: Ouch!
TheLacqueredLady posted:

These sure are uncomforable! The best thing to do is to not go digging for it or try to pluck it out. Apply hot compresses to help coax the hair out and just be patient. Eventually it will surface or get close enough to the surface to help it out. You should also apply some antibiotic cream to the spot with a q-tip to prevent it from becoming infected. If the ingrown hair persists, you should go see your family doctor. You do not want an infection.

Finally, there are several things you can do to prevent in grown hairs. Exfoliate the skin before removing hair. If you shave, shave with the grain with a sharp razor with few blades (no more than two). If you wax, ensure you are really getting the entire hair and not just ripping it off below the hair line. You can also apply after treatments like bikini zone and may consider sleeping comando for a night or two after hair removal to prevent extra rubbing from your panties.

I use Vitamin E capsules to fight ingrown hairs and other more severe skin irritations. Just the same kind you take orally as vitamins - puncture the capsule with a thumb tack and squeeze the oil onto the problem area. I find if I do this at night, it's well towards being healed by morning.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend