Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Anyone use Mineral Powder? If so, are you a fan?

Discussion

Anyone use Mineral Powder? If so, are you a fan?

I have bee pondering this purchase for a while now, and it looks really good when its advertised in the commercials, but does it really work? Does it go on naturally and blend in nice with the skin? What brand would you recommend? I have been looking at bare mineral ones.

Thank you : )

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

11 Replies

liz14314
2 years, 2 months ago
Mineral Powder

Hey! Personally, I love mineral powder! It feels so much better than liquid foundation, a few of my friends have bare Minerals, they love it and it looks amazing! I'm getting it myself, but if you end up not getting that I strongly recommened Clinique or Mary Kay.

mjorgens
2 years, 1 month ago
Mineral Powder/make up

I have used a lot of different mineral products. I suggest you try a store brand product first to see how you like the feel and coverage. I've used bare Minerals and it's nice but I really don't know if it's worth the money. Loreal has a really nice mineral powder set and Neutrogena which I'm using right now. I like both of them. I go back and forth between mineral powder and general liquid and powder. It depends on the about of time I have. To start try a store brand.  A lot of people don't realize that most of the store brands are company families of the high end store brands.

RaraGiggles89
insider
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Anyone use Mineral Powder? If so, are you a fan?

I agree with the above poster, try an inexpensive brand first to see how it works for you. Neutragena's one is brilliant! Personally, I don't think it gives as great coverage as liquid but for them days you are running out the door but u look pale it is great for that..or if you have oily skin and want a quick solution to shine!

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Mineral Powder

I have used both liquid and mineral powder. I have used Bare Esentuals and L'Oreal. I have found that a light dusting of a mineral powder over the liquid gives good coverage. Mineral powder by itself does not give me a smooth finished look. I found both brands to be comparable. Definitely test the mineral powder before purchasing. Try Bare Escentuals by Bare Minerals at Sephora or Ulta.

darkangel81
allstar
2 years, 1 month ago

I've tried mineral foundation from different brands and some have a tendency to look shimmery because of the amount of mica within the ingredients, but I usually come back to Mary Kay's mineral foundation.  It gives a very natural look and it's buildable so you can decide how much coverage you want.  Even the powder works great as a concealer for pimples and dark circles.  Plus, Mary Kay extended their color line so you are sure to find a perfect match for you. Plus, it's alot cheaper than more expensive brands, you get alot of product, and when you meet with a consultant, you can try it on and find your shade. 

Hope this helps, :-)

italiaca
allstar
2 years, 1 month ago
I've tried them all

Mineral powder foundation is easy to use, fast, and usually a little messy. Loose powder, regardless of content, tends to travel. Expect some on your counter and shirt. If you don't need a lot of coverage, it works great. If you have hyperpigmentation like I do, you will need to layer the mineral powder which means it will start to look like you have powder on. My favorite foundation after trying Sheer Cover, Bare Escentuals, and Philosophy is definitely the Philosopohy Airbrush foundation. It is the least messy and provides the best coverage.

volta
elite
2 years, 1 month ago

Bare Minerals, from my experience, is either you love it or hate it. About a decade ago I tried it and I didn't like it, but about a year or two ago I tried it again and I liked it a lot. Now I don't like it again because I'm very in between shades. I have very golden undertones. Light is a little too light and golden medium is a little too dark. I'd rather just buy another powder that better fits me than having to struggle everyday to mix the correct combination of both powders (it really doesn't work because powders don't mix as well as liquids). 

alictasia
elite
1 year, 10 months ago
I'm a believer!

Love Bare Minerals!  If you are hesitant to try the loose product, BE has a new solid you might like.

TheLacqueredLady
elite
1 year, 10 months ago

I am also a BM girl. Be warned though that you really need to go to a boutique to find your true color match. Otherwise, it can be hard to find the right fit. 

RM1252
1 year, 10 months ago
Mineral Powder

I am 60 years old and have used mineral powder for years now. I love the coverage as you can use more or less depending on how you want it to look. It gives great coverage and your skin looks very natural . Don't be fooled it does give good coverage and your skin does look luminous with it on. I wouldn't use liguid again if you paid me. It clogs the pores and most of the time you can see it on your skin. In the heat it sweats off and runs. Mineral powder does not. I use Bare Minerals or the other competitor Sheer Coverage I think . Both are excellent. You will love the way your skin looks............

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend