Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Is it possible to make your hair grow faster?

Discussion

Is it possible to make your hair grow faster?

I just got a cut that I really am not happy with. Is there anything you can do to make your hair grow faster?! A special oil or vitamin?! I need this bad hair cut to grow out ASAP!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

10 Replies

arimshh
insider
2 years, 2 months ago
Try this.

I too am waiting for my hair to grow out. And I've heard a couple of ways to grow your hair out. 
-Massage you scalp (It'll stimulate hair growth)
-Flip your hair upside down (It'll help circulate blood flow)
-Keep hair moisturized (Keeps hair healthy)
-Eat Right!! (It's good for anything) :)

Again these are just some things I heard of from friends and other articles. Hope this helped!  

drew
2 years, 2 months ago
Re: Is it possible to make your hair grow faster?

Well prenatal multivitamins might be an option, though you'll have to becareful that you're not stocking up on vitamins or minerals that may be toxic if they're not getting put to use. I've heard from girlfriends who've had babies that prenatal vitamins really speed up hair and nail growth so I figure it might help?

LittleBunny
elite
2 years, 2 months ago
Prayer and your hair!

I already commented on this post and recommended scalp massage, but I should have added that one of the most powerful hair growth aids that I have found is prayer and positive thinking!

The Bible tells us that a woman's hair is her glory, and it is given to us as a covering! (1 Corinthians 11:15). I pray over my hair every night while giving myself a scalp massage, and I have seen wonderful growth results. It makes perfect sense though-- God created each and every hair on our heads, so if we ask Him, of course He will help it grow!

volta
elite
2 years, 2 months ago

I'm going to try taking Biotin supplements. I want long mermaid hair!!! 

lilberry40
insider
2 years, 2 months ago
BIOTIN 5000 MG DAILY

USED FOR 6 MONTHS; HAIR WENT FROM SHOULDER TO BRA LENGTH. CUT 3 TIMES DURING 6 MONTHS. SEE RESULTS THE FIRST MONTH. WALMART 120 CT $7

JeanC7
insider
2 years, 2 months ago

I just got my hair cut at Ulta today. My stylist kept commenting on how fast my hair grows...I told her its Super Collagen.  Vitamin Shoppe has it.

drew
2 years, 1 month ago

Good to know Susani! I've heard of biotin before too, aren't there supplements out there specifically for hair, skin and nails that have this in it? I know GNC has one. It is better to take a hair, skin and nails multivitamin or to take just straight up biotin?

LittleBunny
elite
2 years, 2 months ago

I second the scalp massage suggestion. It's easy and free, and it feels great!

Susani
insider
2 years, 2 months ago

The prenatal vitamins for hair growth is a myth; its actually the increase in estrogen that makes your hair and nails grow when pregnant, not the vitamins themselves.  Plus, prenatal vitamins typically have high amounts of iron which can be bad for you.  Biotin, a vitamin B derivative, is a vitamin that will actually help your hair grow.  I take it.   I think they even sell hair growth vitamins in Walgreens, CVS, etc.  Just make sure they have biotin.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend