Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » Salon vs. Drugstore... where do you get your hair products?

Discussion

Salon vs. Drugstore... where do you get your hair products?

I recently discovered (thanks to my roommate, who works at a high-end salon) that high-end products really DO work better. But, I just can't seem to justify spending hundreds of dollars on hair products, when I can get only slightly less stellar results from a drugstore product.... but then I read our article on the best salon products, and now I'm leaning toward pampering my hair. What do you think? What's your favorite hair product?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

jenjones23
2 years, 2 months ago
Re: Salon vs. Drugstore... where do you get your hair products?

Well, I trust my hair products to salon like http://www.tanyasimage.com/ they have great quality products.

amanda_rogers
2 years, 2 months ago
My vote is for salon products!!

Definitely use salon products over drug store products.  I find that there are better options in the salon for products that are organic, cruelty free, and contain no sulfates, parabens, or plastics.  My favorite products are Organic Color Systems and O'Right.  I pay a little more for them, but they are definitely better for me and the environment!  

jessicaviolett
allstar
10 months, 3 weeks ago

drugstore is much cheaper.. and has most products. I don't trust salon too much, because they are over priced and sometimes don't even work as well as the drug store!

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 2 months ago
Salon v. Drugstore

The best thing I have found to obtain high end hair products is to check out the particular product on Amazon.com. They carry tons of beauty items under their Beauty tab. The prices are less than stores and salons, and under certain circumstances, you can get free shipping.

volta
elite
2 years, 2 months ago

I get a lot of my hair products from Sally's because they're the much cheaper alternative to salon-quality products. Plus, Sally's has a stellar return policy if I don't like something (whereas most drug stores won't take many used beauty products back). My hair loves the products I've been using, so I can't complain. If you have a Beauty Club card at Sally's, you save even more money. 

The one salon product that I will not compromise is my Sebastian Shaper hairspray which is my favorite. It doesn't make my hair crunchy and has the perfect hold for even my super thick hair. Every time Ulta sells the for $8 a can, I stock up! 

eric_2012
2 years, 2 months ago

I usually do a lot of research, went to salon and drugstore to see all available brands to see what I like, then go home to search online, and read reviews on those products, most likely I will end up with buying it online such as Amazon who has almost everything and of course cheaper price. 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend