Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Whats the story with Silk Pillow Cases?

Discussion

Whats the story with Silk Pillow Cases?

I went and got a blow dry last night and it was one of those salons that only do blow drys and they were selling silk pillow cases because they apparently keep your hair from frizzing and tangeling up. Is this true?! Has anyone tried this before?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

18 Replies

GigiSD
elite
7 months, 1 week ago
Re: Re: Whats the story with Silk Pillow Cases?
GigiSD posted:

Silk/satin pillowcases prevent wrinkles and damage to hair while feeling Heavenly. Buy them, please!

Better yet--sleep on your back so that your face doesn't wrinkle.

DaenerysGlow
insider
2 years, 2 months ago
Silk Pillowcases

Hi, Sophie:

Silk pillowcases are good for sleeping on at night for your hair. Your hair slips around on the pillowcase, rather than grabbing, which helps keep your hair from getting as messed up. It also does not absorb as much of your hair oils,sucking the life from your hair. All that slipping around also helps prevent frizz, and split ends! I have been using silk pillowcases for years, and I wont use anything else! Sometimes, my pillow keeps trying to slide out, but I either get a bigger one, and fold it over, or get a zippered one. I prefer non-zippered ones though.Hope this helps! Be well, and be blessed!

Raven_93
2 years, 2 months ago
Silk pillow cases I am having computer issues lol! SILK pillow cases are great for hair and skin!!

R_rosebud
2 years, 2 months ago
Satin as alternative

I've been using satin pillow cases for years to combat face creasing while I sleep and for a gentler night for my hair and I think they work very well. I buy mine at Sally's and Target.  I always put my hair up or braid it when I sleep so tangles are prevented.  The saying goes, "Treat your hair like antique lace."  This may not always be feasable in day-to-day life, but I try to deal with mine like that for the most part.

Try one! My Sally's sells them for $8.99. Try for a week and see if it makes it worth your while.

:-)

liz_fox
1 year, 2 months ago
Re: Whats the story with Silk Pillow Cases?

This guide covers most of the benefits of a silk pillowcase. http://www.lovasilk.com/guide-to-silk-bedding/silk-pillowcase-reasons-to-own

DreamSkinlab
1 year, 2 months ago

They might be good to keep your hairstyle in place, but there's only one pillowcase that is exclusively made for skin care. The DreamSkin Beauty Pillowcase is not a silk pillowcase or a satin pillowcase, but a new incredibly soft fabric that is proven to reduce face sleep lines and face wrinkles by 50%. Finally, a doctor has made a pillowcase fabric that really works. It's also great for your hair--keeps in hydrated all night.

DreamSkinlab
1 year, 3 months ago

Silk pillowcases are fine for keeping hairstyles in place. But, if your hair and scalp are dry and you want to keep moisture in they try a DreamSkin pillowcase. Based on medical science this fabrics proven to lock the moisture in your hair and skin and reduce facial wrinkles. It's a new, advanced technology and probably the softest pillowcase you've ever felt.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend