Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Whats the story with Silk Pillow Cases?

Discussion

Whats the story with Silk Pillow Cases?

I went and got a blow dry last night and it was one of those salons that only do blow drys and they were selling silk pillow cases because they apparently keep your hair from frizzing and tangeling up. Is this true?! Has anyone tried this before?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

18 Replies

msbrown822
allstar
2 years, 2 months ago
Whats the story with Silk Pillow Cases?

I agree with with what Roxanna posted because I read the same thing in a magazine somewhere. I travel often so if I'm in a hotel that most likley won't have silk Pillow cases, I have a silk scarf to tie my hair up if I need to.

Agingsinfully
1 year, 2 months ago
Re: Whats the story with Silk Pillow Cases?

If it helps any, I haven't had a blowout but is do have extremely curly hair. A few months back I invested in a silk pillowcase. I noticed a difference in my hair the very first night. Before I used a high tc pillowcase and I think that it robbed my hair of moisture ( plus all the friction and snagging). Upon waking I had pretty frizzy hair no matter what I did. Now however, I never do. I do think you would benefit from a silk pillowcase, a definite do for hair ( even though I bought it for skin tugging and holding while I slept ) it has made a huge difference in my hair.

GigiSD
elite
7 months, 1 week ago

Silk/satin pillowcases prevent wrinkles and damage to hair while feeling Heavenly. Buy them, please!

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 2 months ago
Silk pillow cases

They are used to eliminate wrinkles.

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 2 months ago
Re: Silk Pillowcases

Thanks for sharing the great silk pillowcase tip! Check out more hair care tips in our advice section!

LittleBunny
elite
1 year, 2 months ago

I have slept on a satin one for years and i think it keeps hair smoother

Raven_93
2 years, 2 months ago
pillow cades

dol_e_deaad
2 years ago
They work!

Sleeping on regular pillows not only can cause more wrinkles, but tossing and turning can cause hair breakage.  Silk helps your hair  and your skin!  A plus is they're nice and cool; con is they're slippery.

phoebe17
7 months, 2 weeks ago

I swear by mine! It keeps my hair perfect for days - as well as skin. Me and my Hubby have notoced our sleep creases have gone which is a bonus. we get those silky kisses ones. silkpillowcases.com.au theyre charity based which is cool. and we all get to choose different colours. we often buy them as prezzies because they are an intestment someone can have for ages. we have had ours for about 6 months now and perfect condition even though i chuck it in the washing machine and dryer! haha

magictheatre
insider
7 months, 1 week ago

Totally true... silk or satin. Cotton will strip the hair of moisture while you sleep so it makes your hair dryer and frizzier.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend