Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » oily forehead!

Discussion

oily forehead!

ok, so I have a full fringe (like a thick, heavy bangs?) and recently the fact I have oily skin has being getting on my nerves, the oily forehead problem, while not obvious,is worse and even though no one can see my forehead it is a pain cos my fringe gets greasier kicker.... has anyone any advice on how to dry up slightly oily foreheads?

Thanks in advance! :)

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

7 Replies

msbrown822
allstar
2 years, 2 months ago
oily forehead!

I have oily skin all over my forehead and cheeks, and have been dealing with it since puberty, so here is my advice after years of trial and error.

1) You have to come to terms with the fact the the oil is not going to stop producing. Once you do this, it will make your life alot easier. (trust me on that one)

2) evaluate your beauty routine. if you are doing too much to your skin to strip it of the oils you can actually cause your skin to produce MORE oil. After learning this I stopped using toners-especially alcohol based ones. I do, however, use Peter Thomas Roth glycolic pads about once a week some times less if my skin is feeling extra greasy for some reason. I use a gentle soap once a day at the end of the day to remove makeup thoroughly. You should make sure you are using an oil free moisturizer as well.

3) Could your hair products be the culprit?? What I've learned, is that sometimes the products we use in our hair or the natural oils our hair produces can get on your skin (in my case this used to cause acne- so I limit hairstyles with bangs)

4) make sure you blot. and blot often. Clean and clear, sehpora, etc make oil absorbing sheets that you can use throughout the day, or you can take a piece of tissue and get ALMOST the same result.

Also, the name and price of a product doesn't necessarily make it better, you have to use what you think will work for you. While I can understand that my skin is different from yours, I'd be more than happy give you a list of the products I use. Hope I've helped.

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years, 3 months ago
Oily Forehead

One thing I suggest (and you may already do this) is to apply astringent and don't put moisturizer on your forehead.  Also, blotting papers work really well to absorb excess oil.  Sephora carries them, and probably other beauty supply stores.

R_rosebud
2 years, 2 months ago
St. Ives Apricot Scrub (medicated)

Have you tried it? I use it on my nose and forehead every day and my gentle cleanser on the rest of my face. It has  salicylic acid as well.  I wonder if using a retinoid product would help?

mjorgens
2 years, 1 month ago
oily skin

The best beauty secret I've been doing for years is using witch hazel for my toner every morning. It's a natural product so you don't have to worry about alcohol and irration. It's very inexpensive for about $2-3.00.  Depending on where you go, it can located in different areas. I've seen it done the beauty aisle and the band-aid area.

RaraGiggles89
insider
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: oily forehead!

I didn't know witch hazel came in a pure from but I know it definetly helps my spots when I use a witch hazel based cleanser so will look into that! thanks! :)

vivian_westwood
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Re: oily forehead!
msbrown822 posted:

I have oily skin all over my forehead and cheeks, and have been dealing with it since puberty, so here is my advice after years of trial and error.

1) You have to come to terms with the fact the the oil is not going to stop producing. Once you do this, it will make your life alot easier. (trust me on that one)

2) evaluate your beauty routine. if you are doing too much to your skin to strip it of the oils you can actually cause your skin to produce MORE oil. After learning this I stopped using toners-especially alcohol based ones. I do, however, use Peter Thomas Roth glycolic pads about once a week some times less if my skin is feeling extra greasy for some reason. I use a gentle soap once a day at the end of the day to remove makeup thoroughly. You should make sure you are using an oil free moisturizer as well.

3) Could your hair products be the culprit?? What I've learned, is that sometimes the products we use in our hair or the natural oils our hair produces can get on your skin (in my case this used to cause acne- so I limit hairstyles with bangs)

4) make sure you blot. and blot often. Clean and clear, sehpora, etc make oil absorbing sheets that you can use throughout the day, or you can take a piece of tissue and get ALMOST the same result.

Also, the name and price of a product doesn't necessarily make it better, you have to use what you think will work for you. While I can understand that my skin is different from yours, I'd be more than happy give you a list of the products I use. Hope I've helped.

I used to have the worst oily forehead! Always my forehead was shiney and I was so embarrassed! I now use the Citrus Clear Acne Wash daily and it is great at keeping an even skin tone and keeping those fine lines and wrinkles at bay. The product is all natural with no harmful chemicals so my daughter who struggles with acne uses it also and it has kept her acne under control for the last five years. No more oily forehead!!

RaraGiggles89
insider
2 years, 2 months ago
thank you :)

I never thought of astringent before, I have never used it but it seems to be the product I need! Thank you for the advice! Is there any particular astringents that are better than others? I read that alcohol-rich ones are harsh for senstive skin?

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend