Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Is argan oil as good as they say?

Discussion

Is argan oil as good as they say?

I am about to buy some argan Oil for my hair. I am looking to get stronger, thicker and shiny hair. Has anyone tried argan oil and got these results? Would love some feedback before I purchased it.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

20 Replies

ainmeb
insider
1 year, 10 months ago
Re: Is argan oil as good as they say?

does any one know how to get healthy hair very fast?Laughing thnx

hamolla
allstar
7 months, 1 week ago

I only used olive oil, mustard oil and castor oil.

debbie_lewis
4 months, 1 week ago
Re: How can I use agran oil on straight har?
carolyn4208 posted:

I have long, straight hair and I recently received a samble of the Josie Argan Oil with a Sephora purchase. I applied a small amount thoughout my hair before blow drying, hoping it would help with my flyaways, but it seemed to weigh my hair down and make it a little oily. Does anyone know of another technique that would help us straight-haired gals?

The only time I have found argan oil to weigh my hair down is if I use too much! Experiment with less. When I use literally 1-2 drops in my hand and massage into my wet hair, it's perfect. When I use 3-4 drops, that's too much! I use a brand called Argan Luxury that will be available on Amazon.com before Christmas 2013.

MelanieST
2 months, 1 week ago

YES! I've tried argan oil tons of times but the one I like the most is from pro naturals b/c it has completelyu restored my hair's elasticity and balance aftewr a year of bleaching it!

sheer_argan
1 month, 3 weeks ago
answer to Q: Is argan oil as good as they say?
volta posted:

YES! Argan oil is great for ANYBODY (even those with oily or acne prone skin--I've met many people who say that it's actually helped heal some of their acne). I have dry/combo skin and anytime I've uses thicker creams, it's made me break out. However, I *love* to mix a couple drops with my night moisturizer for that extra kick of hydration without clogging my pores. It's very lightweight and can be used for anything like your skin, hair, nails, etc. 

Without a doubt, Josie Maran Argan oil is some of the best quality. Do be careful with buying cheaper alternatives becuase they aren't as potent and they fil them with other icky things. If you're going to get a sample, go to a Sephora (or a JCPenney with a Sephora in it) and ask for a sample of the Josie Maran argan oil.

If you have a Beauty Insider card at Sephora (and over 100 points), many of the stores (and online) have been offering a REALLY good size bottle of argan oil as a 100-point perk (I definitely stocked up because I have a ton of points). So if you're going to shop at Sephora any time soon, keep an eye out for it! 

I am an importer of argan oil. Argan oil is a family tradition and I am from the small region in Morocco where argan tree grows. I can talk endlessly about the benefits of argan oil but I can tell you that Volta was right when she was talking about the benefits of this oil. However I don't share the same opinion with her when she says that Josie Maran's argan oil is the best quality. I am not saying this because she is my competitor but because she was the reason why I started my business. The oil she is selling is light weight, old and odor free. Light weight because after the extraction, they heat steam the oil in order to get rid of the natural aroma of the oil which explains that customers can not tell the difference between new extracted and old oil but they still get a light weight argan oil that can be absorbed by your skin very easily. They can sell the extracted oil for the next 10 years and it still would smell and feel the same. But here is the problem, argan oil like other essential oils has a shelf life between 20 and 24 months. Josie's doesn't tell you this because her argan oil (so called 100% pure and organic) is not pure and not cold pressed. My product has a sticker that tells you when it will expire. Expiration doesn't mean argan becomes toxic, NO. It simply means that it doesn't have 100% of it's beneficial properties. I only import small quantity of argan oil because I want to sell fresh product. Josie is spending tons of money in marketing that's why she charges a lot for her oil. One more thing she tells her costomers that it takes over 2.2 lbs to produce 1.7 Oz which is WRONG. It takes 0.4 to .5 lb to produce 1.7 Oz. The reason why argan oil is expensive is that it only exist in a very small region in the whole world and the oil extraction is labor-intensive. I hope this response is helpful. In case you want to read more about the benefits and how to use argan oil, go to www.sheerargan.com If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

sheer_argan
1 month, 3 weeks ago

I am an importer of argan oil. Argan oil is a family tradition and I am from the small region in Morocco where argan tree grows. I can talk endlessly about the benefits of argan oil but I can tell you that Volta was right when she was talking about the benefits of this oil. However I don't share the same opinion with her when she says that Josie Maran's argan oil is the best quality. I am not saying this because she is my competitor but because she was the reason why I started my business. The oil she is selling is light weight, old and odor free. Light weight because after the extraction, they heat steam the oil in order to get rid of the natural aroma of the oil which explains that customers can not tell the difference between new extracted and old oil but they still get a light weight argan oil that can be absorbed by your skin very easily. They can sell the extracted oil for the next 10 years and it still would smell and feel the same. But here is the problem, argan oil like other essential oils has a shelf life between 20 and 24 months. Josie's doesn't tell you this because her argan oil (so called 100% pure and organic) is not pure and not cold pressed. My product has a sticker that tells you when it will expire. Expiration doesn't mean argan becomes toxic, NO. It simply means that it doesn't have 100% of it's beneficial properties. I only import small quantity of argan oil because I want to sell fresh product. Josie is spending tons of money in marketing that's why she charges a lot for her oil. One more thing she tells her costomers that it takes over 2.2 lbs to produce 1.7 Oz which is WRONG. It takes 0.4 to .5 lb to produce 1.7 Oz. The reason why argan oil is expensive is that it only exist in a very small region in the whole world and the oil extraction is labor-intensive. I hope this response is helpful. In case you want to read more about the benefits and how to use argan oil, go to www.sheerargan.com If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

sheer_argan
1 month, 3 weeks ago
Re: How can I use agran oil on straight har?
carolyn4208 posted:

I have long, straight hair and I recently received a samble of the Josie Argan Oil with a Sephora purchase. I applied a small amount thoughout my hair before blow drying, hoping it would help with my flyaways, but it seemed to weigh my hair down and make it a little oily. Does anyone know of another technique that would help us straight-haired gals?

After washing your hair rub few drops of argan oil between your hands and spread it all over your hair while it's still damp.

powerwoman033
elite
2 years, 1 month ago

Argan oil is liquid gold in a bottle!  You can use it for your hair (of course) but you can also use it on any dry skin, lips, face, etc.  I always recommend picking up Josie Maran's Argan Oil because it is cold pressed for the highest efficacy.  You can find Josie's Argan Oil at Sephora and QVC.

volta
elite
1 year, 11 months ago

YES! Argan oil is great for ANYBODY (even those with oily or acne prone skin--I've met many people who say that it's actually helped heal some of their acne). I have dry/combo skin and anytime I've uses thicker creams, it's made me break out. However, I *love* to mix a couple drops with my night moisturizer for that extra kick of hydration without clogging my pores. It's very lightweight and can be used for anything like your skin, hair, nails, etc. 

Without a doubt, Josie Maran Argan oil is some of the best quality. Do be careful with buying cheaper alternatives becuase they aren't as potent and they fil them with other icky things. If you're going to get a sample, go to a Sephora (or a JCPenney with a Sephora in it) and ask for a sample of the Josie Maran argan oil.

If you have a Beauty Insider card at Sephora (and over 100 points), many of the stores (and online) have been offering a REALLY good size bottle of argan oil as a 100-point perk (I definitely stocked up because I have a ton of points). So if you're going to shop at Sephora any time soon, keep an eye out for it! 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend