Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Is argan oil as good as they say?

Discussion

Is argan oil as good as they say?

I am about to buy some argan Oil for my hair. I am looking to get stronger, thicker and shiny hair. Has anyone tried argan oil and got these results? Would love some feedback before I purchased it.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

20 Replies

TheLacqueredLady
elite
1 year, 10 months ago
Re: Is argan oil as good as they say?

I like Argan oil, but you really have to read the bottle carefully. Most Argan Oil products are actually silicone based with a bit of Argan oil in them. I think they work just fine, but if you want pure Argan Oil, it will work better. It will also be much more expensive. Just be sure you are not paying a high price for a silicone oil.

Cheryl5752
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago
Ethnic Hair

Yes. And it is being added to many products made for people with curly, kinky, frizzy hair. With hair like this the oil can be added in larger quantities than that of straight, fine, or lifeless hair.

ProbioticSmart
10 months, 3 weeks ago

It most definitely is! I have been using it for about six months. I couldn't find it anywhere (I live in Wisconsin, we don't have much selection) but I buy it from <a href="http://www.ProbioticSmart.com">ProbioticSmart.com</a>. It's definitely a good deal, and 4 OZ have lasted me more than 6 months. It helped my cuticles, my dry scalp, and cracked feet. I have fine hair, so I also use it as a leave-in conditioner once per week (when I don't have to go anywhere) and it's helped prevent breakage.

Pamela937
allstar
2 years, 3 months ago
Yes indeed

Love it! I use it daily and my hair hasn't been this healthy and shiny ever. A little goes a long way and it protects your hair from the dryer and iron treatment.

DonnaFay
insider
1 year, 11 months ago
try a sample

You should try a sample bottle first to see if you like it.  I bought a sample size of Argan oil at Ulta for $3 (made by Organix)  I'm not sure if I notice a difference but it helps when my hair is dry and flyaway.  If you search on Amazon.com, they sell 100% pure Argan oil for reasonable prices from different brands besides Josie Maran.  Josie Maran is on the pricey side, see which one you like. 

Momsrock55
1 year, 10 months ago
Curly haired people rejoice!

Love Argan Oil. My fine curly hair has never been so easy to manage,so soft and hydrated.Even frizzy ness at bay in hot humid Florida. Wonderful for cuticles and as a face and hand mosturizer. Keep it all over my house and even carry a small dropper of Josie Maran's in my tote.

RaraGiggles89
insider
2 years, 3 months ago
brilliant product!

It really is miracle oil for hair! It protects it while giving it a shine, and it smells good too! I have wild, frizzy hair that easily breaks but I defintely know the change in my hair since I started using this, I is less frizz prone, feels silky and is stronger!

Nicole1021
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago

I find that if I apply too much to my hair when it's dry it looks weighed down and straggly. What I find works wonders for me is to soak my hair in argan oil for about 20 min or more then rinse it out prior to shampooing. Makes my hair so nice and soft.

carolyn4208
1 year, 10 months ago
How can I use agran oil on straight har?

I have long, straight hair and I recently received a samble of the Josie Argan Oil with a Sephora purchase. I applied a small amount thoughout my hair before blow drying, hoping it would help with my flyaways, but it seemed to weigh my hair down and make it a little oily. Does anyone know of another technique that would help us straight-haired gals?

lovemyshoes
insider
7 months, 1 week ago
Re: Re: Is argan oil as good as they say?
ainmeb posted:

does any one know how to get healthy hair very fast?Laughing thnx

Yes it is!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend