Home » Community » Message Boards » Get Healthy » Alcohol and Beauty

Discussion

Alcohol and Beauty

I think most of us would agree that the best way to blow off steam at the end of a hard day or long week is to have a few cocktails. But, have you ever considered how those cocktails are affecting your overall health and beauty?

I had no idea how alcohol affects beauty before I read our recent article. Did you know that alcohol is one of the things that accelerate aging? And can harm your beauty in a lot of other ways, too?

Read the article. Will it change your drinking habits in the future?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

Shruts
2 years, 2 months ago
Re: Alcohol and Beauty

I always use to think that alcohol enhances beauty and the reason why I always wanted to have alcohol. But now I am pretty doubtful about that.

yestfl
elite
2 years, 2 months ago

I used to drink a lot, like 3 times a week. But for new year's I decided I would try to stop. I did. So far in a month, just without the drinking, I have lost about 7 lbs. yay!

volta
elite
2 years, 2 months ago

I rarely drink (maybe one night every other month), but when I do, I make sure that I plan what I'm going to eat throughout the day (or the day after) and cut back on what I can to compensate for the calories I'm going to be consuming from alcohol. 

jenlyman
2 years, 2 months ago
Haha - Drinking and beauty?

I don't drink but if I was considering it and I was worried about looking beautiful at the same time, I guess the best thing would be moderation, too much alcohol and being beautiful will be the furthest thing from your mind.  I can't speak scientifically to the long term effects of alcohol on your body but we do know that it isn't good for it.  Over time you are damaging your liver, your skin will age faster, you are killing off brain cells, I'm sure there are other parts of your body that you are killing off as well...all in the name of a good time.

Supernaturalfan
insider
1 year, 11 months ago

I don't drink.  Really don't like the taste of it.  The only time I would do it is at a wedding or retirement party or something like that.  Then, join in the toast with a glass of wine for example.  I'm a "lightweight" who doesn't handle it well anyway.  Plus, it does have calories, and it can interfere with your sleep cycle!

toddfan
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago
Alcohol

Of course it is okay in moderation. For most people. Excessive drinking, eating... isn't healthy. The title Alcohol and Beauty cracks me up. The term beer goggles came about for a reason!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend