Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » What is your overall favorite makeup brand?

Discussion

What is your overall favorite makeup brand?

It's beauty awards season here at TotalBeauty.com, so I've had the pleasure of testing dozens of products from a variety of brands. It sounds like a dream... but really, I'm just more confused than ever! With SO many products available, how can you ever settle on a few favorites. I feel like I'll ALWAYS be looking for something more or something better. But, then it hit me... why don't I just ask my community ladies what they're faves are?! So, I'm dying to know! What is your overall favorite makeup brand, and why? And are there any specific products you just could not live without?

Here are our editors picks for best beauty products. Agree or disagree?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

28 Replies

TeresaDouglas
2 years ago
Re: What is your overall favorite makeup brand?

I love reading about everyone's favorite brands too. It gives me some great ideas for new products to try. There's always room on my list for a few more makeup brands!

dol_e_deaad
2 years ago
So many!!!

I'm in my 50's and have been a make up whore/junkie since I was 14.  There isn't much I haven't tried!

Faves:

Mascara:  Bare Escentuals Magic Wand  -- no brush...coats evenly and stays on perfectly.

Foundation:  Lancome Lift Renergie    One of the only brands that doesn't cake, turn orange or yellow.  Contains SPF and is moisturing.      Origins is also another favorite, but thewy seem to discontinue items just when you fall in love with them.

Concealer:  Estee Lauder Stay in Place double Wear          The name says it all.

Eye Shadow:  Nyx, Mac

Eye liner:  Stila, Urban Decay

Powder:  Smashbox   I don't use a lot, as you get older powder likes to flock to lines and wrinkles.  With a good foundation, you don't need powder.

Blush;  Never wore it - never will.  I prefer the pale look.

Make up is fun!  Experiment!  Not all brands are created equal, no matter the price.  Take care of oyur skin when you're young and you won't regret it.  And, whatever you do, stay out of the sun or use sun block!

DonnaFay
insider
2 years ago
Trying everything

I recently became a high end makeup junkie. It used to not matter and I would only buy drugstore brands but since buying high end stuff, IMO, there is a big difference. It lasts longer and is more pigmented. I also get a lot more compliments! Foundation, blush and bronzer- NARS. NARS Sheer Glow foundation is the best liquid foundation I've tried and goes best with my dry skin type. Mascara - Chanel Inimitable Intense. I have very small eyelashes, almost sparse and the formula they use really brings out my eyelashes and curls them. Eyeliner - I've used LancĂ´me, Urban Decay, Bare Escentials but Stila makes the best eyeliner pencil. Never goes dry and glides on easily. Bobby Brown makes the best gel eyeliner. Eyeshadow - Urban Decay. Also I like Laura Geller's baked eyeshadow. Primer - Hourglass Mineral veil. Eventually want to go more natural, organic, paraben-free, sulfate-free, etc. I'm going to try tarte cosmetics next.

TheLacqueredLady
elite
2 years ago

Bare Minerals, L'Oreal (especially blush and lipsticks!, Tarte, Urban Decay, Maybelline, Lancome....I can't just pick one! 

teresa_tee
2 years ago
How can u even pick

For drugstore maybelline is my fav I do love wet n wild lipsticks But when it comes to high end it's impossible for me to pick Estee lauder double wear foundation and Laura mercier Eyeshadow urban decay, inglot is great u can customize your packaging Mascara diorshow For me I can't pick a fav there are far to many wonderful brands

CaroleVonAllten
elite
2 years ago
Favorite Makeup Brand

Too Faced is my go to brand. They have quality products, and just came out with their summer collection, including a beauty balm, bronzer, and a fantastic summer eyeshadow palette with colors you don't usually get from Too Faced. I have never been disappointed with their products. Love their new foundation and eyeshadow primer, Candlelight Glow.

Supernaturalfan
insider
1 year, 12 months ago

I never had the budget for "high-end" stuff.  Whether there's really a real difference or not doesn't matter to me, as the drugstore brands are good enough for me.

I like Revlon, Cover Girl, and L'oreal.  Revlon is my favorite I guess, as most of my products are theirs.  Neutrogena has gotten into the make-up market, after being only a skin care brand (esp. acne) for a long time.  I've found their products to be good as well.

darkangel81
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago

My favorite would be Avon!

ksweetser
1 year, 11 months ago
Bobbi Brown is my safe bet

I have always used drugstore makeup with the exception of Bare Minerals.  However, recently I tried Bobbi Brown long eye-wear cream eye shadow & fell in love with it.  So, when I want to splurge that is where I head.  However, I'm always willing to try something new based on others reviews!

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
1 year, 10 months ago

MAC is my favorite because they have such a wide array of products. However, I don't exclusively purchase products from them. Fave foundation (oily skin)-MAC Prolongwear SPF15 Fave powder (oily skin)-MAC Blot powder Fave lipgloss-MAC Lipglass Fave blush-MAC or Tarte Fave eyeliner-MAC Fluidline, Stila Smudgepot

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend