Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » What is your overall favorite makeup brand?

Discussion

What is your overall favorite makeup brand?

It's beauty awards season here at TotalBeauty.com, so I've had the pleasure of testing dozens of products from a variety of brands. It sounds like a dream... but really, I'm just more confused than ever! With SO many products available, how can you ever settle on a few favorites. I feel like I'll ALWAYS be looking for something more or something better. But, then it hit me... why don't I just ask my community ladies what they're faves are?! So, I'm dying to know! What is your overall favorite makeup brand, and why? And are there any specific products you just could not live without?

Here are our editors picks for best beauty products. Agree or disagree?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

28 Replies

RaraGiggles89
insider
2 years, 2 months ago
Re: What is your overall favorite makeup brand?

I have to admit I have a soft spot for Smashbox, it can be pricey but then again, if you find the perfect product it saves you spending even more trailing through the not-so good stuff right? And MAC is amazing too. For more drugstore price stuff over here we have a brand called "GOSH" which I LOVE! it has the most amazing eyeshadow pallettes! Also, Barry M is brilliant for its quirky style!

patty_marthconnell
2 years, 2 months ago
Favorite make-up

This is a toughie. I love Smashbox and MAC. But ELF has some pretty good things, I love their brushes, so much cheaper than the high end stuff and just as good and their make-up remover, the best I ever found

msbrown822
allstar
2 years, 2 months ago
What is your overall favorite makeup brand?

Even though I'm willing to try any brand if my funding allows it, and becuase I'm experimental like that, I would have to narrow down my two favorites brands as:

Drustore: Covergirl (Queen Collection)

High End: M-A-C

CG has a liquid foundation that blends so perfectly into my skin that I don't even see it (good an bad because it doesn't cover much) but I was not complaing because it was $8 which is VERY reasonable. My new favorite from CG is the lip perfection lipstick, I'm crazy about it right now. And let's just say I have never purchased anything from MAC that I hated. Their foundation is just AWESOME, their eyeshadows- also AWESOME. M-A-C is well worth the money in my opinion.

Smashbox is making its way into my favorites category but for now CG and MAC are my top 2.

juicy01
2 years, 3 months ago

The beauty product list is awesome! I've tried many of the products mentioned and they certianly do the trick.

As far as best makeup brand, it's hard to choose just one. I'm a drugstore makeup junkie, with only a few higher end products. So my fav drugstore brand has to be Maybelline because of the selection and quality of products. Rimmel is a close second, being trendier and for having a huge color selection as far as lipstick and eyeshadows. The only downside is some stores don't carry Rimmel.

For a higher end store, MAC nails it. They have a great overall line including a big selection of high quality brushes, great color selection w/good color payoff, and foundations/powder for all skintones.

Other products I can't live without include Urban Decay Primer Potion...the best IMO and MAC blush. 

addkg777
allstar
2 years, 2 months ago
theres two i cant choose from

tarte and mac. mac because they make my hg foundation, face and body

MrsFrosty226
insider
2 years, 1 month ago
that's a tough one!

I think I would have to go with Urban Decay for makeup, but I do love Estee Lauder skin care.  But Lancome makes the best mascara.......

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
I'm a big fan of clinique and Mac.

TeresaDouglas
2 years, 1 month ago

I have several favorite brands of makeup. For evening out my skin, I use Mary Kay foundation (which provides great coverage) and finish off with Cover Girl powder. I love Rimmel London lipsticks because they go on smoothly and last a good while. There are lots of great colors available too!

I also have products from Clinique, MAC, and L'Oreal in my makeup bag.

Nicole1021
allstar
2 years ago

I love reading about all the favorite brands. Jury still out as far as my favorite goes. 

ruby_chang
insider
2 years ago

well i'm just starting out with makeup recently so i would have to say E.l.f since its cheap n also very good quality n coming in second would be wet n wild...i'm more of the drugstore brand of makeup than the pricier brand so my choices would be quite obvious

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend