Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Brazillian Keratin Treatment Safe?

Discussion

Brazillian Keratin Treatment Safe?

I really want to get this product done at my salon, but I have heard some really controversial things against it. Is it really harmful to your health? I would never want to risk my health for a hair procedure.
Has anyone ever tried it and have any sort of feedback to share?
thank you : )

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

Sharon_Yi
insider
2 years, 3 months ago
As a matter of fact ...

I got the Brazilian Blowout before and blogged about it. =) It seems that it's safe enough for those who want to get the procedure done as opposed to the stylists that are implementing it all the time. Here are my blogs if you want to read up on what I thought and of its results! I also compare it to the Japanese magic straightening process if you want to read about it here

juicy01
2 years, 3 months ago
Re: Brazillian Keratin Treatment Safe?

I've had the Brazilliam Keratin. I haven't experienced any adverse effect from it, but I've only had it once. Just as the above poster mentioned, the controversy was surrounding stylist's being exposed to it on a daily basis because of a chemical called formaldehyde. Overexposure can be harmful to your health. At most salons, they've discontinued use of keratin treatments containing formaldehyde. But for your peace of mind you can always double check with the salon before you visit!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend