Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » How often do you clean your ears?

Discussion

How often do you clean your ears?

I dont know why but I always q-tip my ears after the shower, but then i heard that it can harm your ears because you can take out too much wax that would otherwise protect your ears.

How often do you q-tip your ears?!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

MissXu
elite
2 years, 3 months ago
Oh man!

I didn't think anyone else cleaned their ears with q-tips! It's a habit passed on from my dad. Probably got the waxy ears from him too! Anyhow, I actually only use q-tips after I wash my hair, not so much otherwise. And I think once I stuck it in too deep and may have damaged my hearing as a result... boo hoo :( So just be careful, always stay around the edge of your ears and try not to stick it in too deep and you should be fine!

msbrown822
allstar
2 years, 2 months ago
Q-tips

I don't use q-tips to clean the inside of my ears. I'll use them to clean the outter parts of my ears but not inside the actual ear canal, and I don't even do it that often.

I'll use a washcloth when I'm in the shower, because you are right about damaging your ears from sticking the q-tips in there.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend