Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Dry Lip Remedy needed

Discussion

Dry Lip Remedy needed

This dry weather is really hurting my lips.
I always moisturize and use burts bees chapstick, but is there any other remedy that might help?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

8 Replies

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 3 months ago
Re: Lip Remedy

Man, I hate dry lips!

Volta made some good recommendations. You may also want to try this video with lip care tips. It contains a miracle trick for dry lips.

Hope it helps!

MissXu
elite
2 years, 3 months ago
My suggestion

Honestly, any chap stick would do the trick, but I would recommend Maybelline's Baby lips (the new ones that come in array of different flavors). Also my friend gave my a Rosebud Salve which I posted pictures of up, and that's what I'm using now. 

venenumletalis
allstar
2 years, 2 months ago
:)

apply some honey on your lips before you go to bed, you can even massage your lips with it a bit. Really does wonders, and heals very well. 

teema
insider
2 years, 2 months ago
Vaseline perhaps!

I live in a very hot and humid country and my lips crack quite often.. 

Solution: Vaseline rubbed on my lips day and nite... 

also, Maybelline's lip gloss whenever possible... it helps especially if you want a minimal look with no dry lips!!! 

msbrown822
allstar
2 years, 2 months ago
Dry Lip Remedy

I have a question for you: Are you getting proper hydration?

One thing I've noticed over the years is that in the winter time my lips will tend to get dry when I'm dehydrated and I find myself constantly having to apply Chapstick when what I really need is water.

Chapstick works just fine for me, but I would try drinking more water throughout the day. People tend to forget that your body has to stay hydrated in the winter months as well. I'm not sure of the region you live in, but maybe that's just something to think about.

powerwoman033
elite
2 years, 1 month ago
Re: Dry Lip Remedy needed

All of these tips are great ones!  Definitely listen to Volta and I would add that I use a sugar lip scrub (Laura Geller) to gently exfoliate the dry, dead skin and then I follow with a super emoillent lip treatment (Laura Geller) at night, and no matter how bad my lips have gotten, by morning I have at least an 80% improvement.  Make sure you an exfoliator to your lip routine because no product will get through dry dead skin!

Look for: Laura Geller Lip Strip and Laura Geller Lip Love Soothing Lip Gloss

I hope this was helpful!  Smile

tammy_cox
2 years, 1 month ago

I use to be a sworn Chapstick girl--I always had it in my pocket and if I forgot or lost it, I was uncomfortable ALL DAY LONG! I have always heard that using Chapstick causes you to need it more but if I ever went an hour without reaaplying I couldn't stand it! So how was I suppose to give it up all together???

But then I made two changes and now, I can go half a day or all day with just one application of the right lip gloss:

1. I brush my lips (gently) every single time I brush my teeth. It exfoiliates them plus increases the blood flow. My lips are always soft and have a nice tint naturally because of the improved blood flow. I will usually put on one coat of lip gloss after I brush my teeth and I am set for the entire morning, until after I eat lunch.

2. I use a non-sticky lip gloss. I was using one by Clinique and thought it was the best until I found out about Lancome's Juicy Tubes. For dryness I only need to use it here and there--the moisture doesn't dry lips out like Cahpstick does. So even when there is no detectable gloss on my lips they are still moisturized!

volta
elite
2 years, 3 months ago

Burts Bees and other balms like Chapstick or Lypsyl tend to irritate and further dry my lips becuase they often include mineral oil or the wax dries my lips out. Have you ever noticed how the more you apply to soothe your lips, the more dry, burning sensation you get with your irritated lips?

One product I LOVE is Rose Salve. My favorite brand is C.O. Bigelow (you can find that at Bath & Body Works), but all salve is basically the same. They come in cute little tins that last FOREVER because you only need a little bit. Other than soothing my lips and making it so soft without drying or irritating it, it can be used for basically about EVERYTHING such as diaper rash, burns, dry skin, etc. It's one of those products that I wonder how I could have ever gone so long without. At about $6 a tin, you really do get your moneys worth. I love to use this especially at night time right when I go to bed because that leaves my lips super soft in the morning. 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend