Home » Community » Message Boards » Total Beauty Member Central » Website problems!!

Discussion

Website problems!!

Since around August of this year ( 2011 ) I have been TRYING to find reviews on certain products, and when doing an advance search, I'll click the "search" button, and a list of products come up, fine, but if I click "next" at the bottom of the page, the next page tells me "type in a specific brand". I don't want to do that because I'm trying to find reviews on multiple brands, not just one certain brand. I have Windows Vista, and it does it in both IE and Firefox. Both are updated. This problem has been going on for quite some time now with your website, and I've mentioned it numerous times through your contact us link, and on Facebook, always being told they'll look into it! I hope it gets fixed soon, because this is the 1st place I come to when I need to review products!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

MissXu
elite
2 years, 3 months ago
Problems with Searching

I'm not sure if I have the same problem, but when I search for a product it shows up no results. Unless I type slowly and hope for the product to show up on the list and then click it. I agree the search function is not optimal and very hard trying to find products to read the reviews or write reviews. I hope this problem is fixed soon!

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 3 months ago
RE: Site/Search Problems

Thanks very much for your feedback ladies. We will definitely look into the issues you are having and try to correct any issues.

Thanks again!

UPDATE: I just found out that we are redesigning our reviews section to make it even better. The new section will be live in February, please bear with us until then as we work hard to improve your user experience!

rina_lightwork
2 years, 3 months ago
browsing problems

I have not been able to browse the product reviews database by alpahbet when I use my Mac, I do not seem to have these problems when I use my Windows pc. I have always been a great fan of totalbeauty, now I cannot browse the site properly anymore, which I truly regret.

Kind regards, Rina

zeechick
2 years, 2 months ago
Reviews by alphabet?

I have that problem too, I have a Mac and it wont let me choose products by alphabet.  It only lets me view the "Hottest Brands" section.  I used to be able to search by alphabet quite some time ago, I'm wondering what has changed?

volta
elite
2 years, 2 months ago
Re: Website problems!!

I have the same problem, I have to manually search for products using the search box. Although I think it's more likely a browser issue rather than the OS. Safari comes standard on Mac so people generally use that. I like the Safari browser, so I hope that issue can be fixed because it only started becoming a problem several weeks ago; prior to that it was working. 

StephVG
insider
2 years, 2 months ago
Custom parameters?

It used to be that when I ran a search for reviews on, say, foundation (where I've been spending a bit of time tonight, by the way), that there were slides on the left sidebar that I could slide to customize my search - by price, rating, etc. Now, if I want to read foundation reviews, I have to browse through all eleventy-hundred of them? It's bulky. Are those advanced / custom / (whatever you want to call them) parameter options gonna come back? Or are they somewhere else that I just can't see or find? (I've been looking...)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend