Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Mascara - color selection

Discussion

Mascara - color selection

So, I've used black mascara for as long as I've worn makeup. I've never even thought about colored mascara. But recently, I tested a brown mascara by Make Up For Ever because we're testing products here in the office for our upcoming 2012 beauty awards. I actually really liked wearing the brown... it was the perfect understated daytime eye makeup.

Now I'm looking forward to trying some of the different colored mascaras out there... blue, green and even just a clear gloss.. Have any of you tried an unusual mascara color? Do you have any colored mascara or makeup tips for brown eyes? Share them here!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

1 Reply

BeautyByKrystal
allstar
2 years, 3 months ago
I LOVE colored mascaras!

I've been a huge fan of colored mascaras for a long time, it's quite difficult to find really good, pigmented ones. I've been using and loving the colored Zoom Lash mascaras that MAC released early this year. I use a white primer, then coat on 2-3 layers of colored mascara, usually Blue Charge or Plum Reserve. I only wear colored mascara on my lower lashes though, for that "pop of color" effect. But sometimes I'm feeling fierce and I'll wear one color on the top and a different color on the bottom.

I used to wear brown mascara when I was a teenager, looked softer and more natural - decent makeup for being in school all day long :)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend