Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Do you dye your eyebrows?

Discussion

Do you dye your eyebrows?

Is there a rule that your eye brows should match your hair?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

TheLacqueredLady
elite
2 years, 3 months ago
Not anymore!

It seems like lately all beauty rules have gone out the window! If you are dying your hair at home, do not attempt to dye your own eyebrows. It can be dangerous to get hair color in your eyes. If you are at the salon, discuss the options with your stylist. Typically, most people's eyebrows are a shade or two darker than their hair color (at least that how it visually appears due to the compact nature of the eyebrow). If you are going lighter, many people maintain their darker brows. If you are going darker, you can get a darker eyebrow pencil to make up for the difference. If you are going red, try to find a brown eyebrow pencil with a red tone. In the end though, it is really up to you. There isn't a hard and fast rule about this. Do what makes you feel pretty and good about yourself.

Nicole2814
elite
2 years, 3 months ago
eyebrows

no i dont i love the color of my eyebrows

patricia89
insider
2 years, 3 months ago
Not really

Apparently the shade of your eyebrows should be a bit lighter than your hair, and if you colour your hair, you should also dye your eyebrows. I don't think that's right.

I have naturally blonde hair and my eyebrows are visibly darker, which I like. If you're happy with how you look, there's no point in changing it. Besides dyeing eyebrows on your own can be dangerous.

Miss_Vicki
allstar
2 years, 2 months ago
Re: Do you dye your eyebrows?

I've never dyed my brows. Never felt the need to even though they're naturally black and I color my hair burgundy.

teema
insider
2 years, 2 months ago
Why Dye?!!

I have never dyed my hair talkless of dyeing my eyebrows... thats insane... I love my brows the way they are... the only issue is how to shape them to suit my face!!! 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend