I recently wrote this blog post on DIY Manicure and Pedicure tips, and I thought I'd share it here as well. Do you have any DIY nail tips to share?
During the holidays, one of the ways I save money (for shopping!) is to give up my weekly salon appointment and do my own nails.
I've also gotten enough salon mani/pedis that I've observed their techniques for great nails, and try to apply them when I'm doing my own at home.
Here are my fool proof steps for great at-home nails!
1) Clean. Remove all your old polish and scrub your hands and feet with an exfoliating scrub.
2) Cuticles. Use a cuticle remover (I like Sally Hansen's) to soften up your cuticles, then push them away with a shaping stick. Make sure you wash off all the remover when you're done and don't leave it on your skin too long!
3) Cut and file.
5) Prep. Lightly swipe a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol over each nail.
6) Prime. Use a strengthening bottom coat.
7) Polish. Use two coats, allowing a few minutes drying time in between.
8) Top coat. I LOVE Sally Hansen's "Dries Instantly" top coat - it really dries the polish quickly and helps me avoid nicks or smudges.
9) Moisturize. Once the polish is dry, use a Vitamin-E rich oil to moisturize your nail beds and shine up your polish job.
Voila, you're done! Good luck!
1 year, 4 months ago
This is really great tips found here. you have very good knowledge about skin care.
Keep writing and sharing!!
1 year, 3 months ago
Thanks for the tips... I am still basic when it comes to mani/pedi tips... these tips will definitely help!!!
Showing 1 - 2 of 2