Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Translucent powder?

Discussion

Translucent powder?

hey guys!

Just a quick quesion. I have never invested in translucent powder before but saw in a video for applying eye make-up that it catches all the dusty bits when applying (very handy little tip!) but, as I am a newbie, I was wondering could anyone give me advice on which powders are a good buy? and also.. besides this, what else is translucent powder used for? Its different to "normal, standard powder" you put on over foundation?

Thanks in advice ladies!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

volta
elite
2 years, 3 months ago
Re: Translucent powder?

Make Up For Ever HD Finishing Powder is the BEST powder I've ever used. It's won so many awards because it's ultra refined and a little goes a long way. Do not be nervous of its white color; it goes on completely invisible and looks incredibly natural even on the darkest skin tones. What I like about translucent powder is that it's not going to change the color of your makeup--which often happens if you use a colored powder. You can ask for a sample of it at Sephora to try it out. They generally sell two sizes of the powder; small ($15) and large ($30). The large size has lasted me over a year. What translucent powder basically does is that it sets your makeup so it's not going to move on your face and it won't rub off or melt as quickly. It's great for controlling shine so it can be worn over makeup or alone on your face without makeup if you just want to control shine and blur imperfections. Trust me, your makeup will last so much longer with translucent powder. To take it even a step further, I recommend a setting spray which preserves your makeup even longer. My favorite is Urban Decay's All Nighter spray. :)

RaraGiggles89
insider
2 years, 3 months ago

brilliant, thanks for the great advice :)

RaraGiggles89
insider
2 years, 3 months ago
:(

just checked...the Sephora site looks AMAZING but..doesn't deliver internationally :( BUMMER!

Amazon don't seem to have that powder either. I will keep checking though!

volta
elite
2 years, 3 months ago

http://www.makeupforever.com/

:)

haley_beckham
2 years, 3 months ago
Translucent Powder tips

There are Translucent Poweders that contain a color that can fit anyones skin tone and then there are translucent finishing powders. 

If you are choosing one with color make sure you avoid any cool (pink) tones!! This can bring out any red in your skin while the warm (yellow) tones give you a healthy natural glow. Cool tones can leave your skin looking really unnatural and pale. 

But, I think your best option is a finishing powder!

Makeup Forever's HD finishing powder is THE best product I have ever used.

You will love it. MUST HAVE!!!

If you liked my advice please visit my blog at http://abeautybrouhaha.tumblr.com/ :)

Haley! 

RaraGiggles89
insider
2 years, 3 months ago
great help!

thank you or the heads up on the shades of powder! I have very red colouring in my cheeks naturally as it is so I would have to avoid the pink powder!

Thanks again :)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend