Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Dark Spots - How can I get rid of these?

Discussion

Dark Spots - How can I get rid of these?

How am I suppose to get rid of this?
It really bothers me a lot, and i want to get get a product that is effective.
Any advice?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

aly7
elite
2 years, 4 months ago
Re: Dark Spots - How can I get rid of these?

You can try dabbing a little lemon juice on the spots. Lemon has a natural lightening effect! Or you could just cover them with a brightening concealer-like Benefit Erase Paste.

TheLacqueredLady
elite
2 years, 3 months ago
See a doctor

First things first, go see a dermatologist. You need to make sure that the dark spots aren't symptomatic of another issue or are not malignant. Your doctor can also prescribe creams and medications to safely lighten the spots. If you do not want to use prescription products, I recommend exfoliating the skin and moisturizing with tone evening lotion. Do not use any products with bleach or with harsh chemicals as these can sometimes worsen the dark spots and are incredibly harsh on the skin.

haley_beckham
2 years, 3 months ago
Dark Spots

The best advice I have for you is to use skin products with alot of Vitamin-C!!

Merle Norman's Brillian-C line is fabulous! It has A cleanser, toner, moisturizer, eye cream, and serum! 
I have used these products for a year or so and my skin is so bright! I love it! It even out your skin tone, removes red spots, under eye circles, and any other dark spots!

It is a really great line. BUT. I know it can be expensive. So, just look for skin care products that zone in on Vitamin C if you aren't willing to spend the money to fix it.

This is Sephora's page with their Skin Care products to help with dark spots! http://www.sephora.com/browse/section.jhtml?categoryId=S15140

If my advice helped I would apprecaite it if you checked out my blog! http://abeautybrouhaha.tumblr.com/ 

:) Haley

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 4 months ago
RE: Dark Spots

Uneven skin tone is such a pain!

Try this article on the best skin brightening products, you may find the skin care tips helpful.

Good luck!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend