Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » What to do about my eyebrows?

Discussion

What to do about my eyebrows?

Hi

My eyebrows grows in a strange way. One of them is kind of "bushy" and the other one is not. They are shaped in different ways and I don't know how to shape them. I follwed some "how to shape your eyebrows"-videos on YouTube (they're all pretty much the same) and it dosen't help. 

My friends look at my eyebrows and say "What do you do with them?", and I'm so tired of it. I look so funny.

If one eyebrow looks ok (usually my left one) the other one looks totaly different. 

Once a "proffessional" shaped them for me, and she left just a very thin line and it wasn't so complementary for my face... 

Please, any advice would be helpful!

Eyebrows and face shape

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

Sharon_Yi
insider
2 years, 4 months ago
You've got a dropping back brow ...

I feel your frustration, girl. Unfortunately, the only way to correct your drooping brow is to considerably tweeze it and draw the correct shape. My tip would be to buy a classic brow stencil. Make sure your inner part of the brow aligns with your eye's inner corner/tear duct. Your arch should be placed above the outer edge of your iris. Then take a pencil and connect it between the edge of your nostril to the outer corner of your eye. Wherever that pencil crosses your browline is where the endpoint of your brow's tail should be.

holiday_eye_looks2.jpg

Fill in the shape that your brow should be, then tweeze all the hairs that fall outside of it. It's drastic, I know, but this is the only way to correct your brow shape. See the picture below for more assistance: 

Make-Up Designory Eyebrow Correction

Hope this helped! Let me know how this turns out!

iceis
2 years, 4 months ago
Thanks!

Thank you so much Sharon_Yi for your answer! I'll sit down and try it once again :-)

TheLacqueredLady
elite
2 years, 4 months ago
I feel your pain!

I have the same issue where one of my brows has a perfect arch and the other is flat. If you don't feel comfortable addressing this issue on your own, or have tried and it hasn't worked out right, go to a place that specializes in eyebrows and sit down with a consultant. They should be able to wax your brows so that they are even and are a thickness/shape that you are comfortable with. Then when your brows grow in you can use the shape as a template. I do this twice a year and for $20 get perfect eyebrows year round.

haley_beckham
2 years, 4 months ago
Eyebrows

To begin I would like to let you know I have this same problem! 

But, It looks to me like the shape of your eyebrow is Beautiful! You just have a few stray hairs.

I wouldn't use a stencil to pencil it in. You don't want it to look too thick or fake. I would suggest using a taupe eyebrow pencil and filling in the natural brow.  follow the bottom line and the top line and fill it in. 

Now what your best friend is going to be is an eyebrow wax or gel. You can find these at Sephora or Ulta. or even a drug store. This will hold your brow in place so you don't have these stray hairs and it will shape them perfectly! 

If you decide to use the pencil I would even suggest trimming the tips of the stray hairs because this wont be noticeable once you fill them in! 
If a pencil isn't comfortable to you I suggest a powder!

This is just an example of the gel http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P284709&categoryId=S10515&shouldPaginate=true

My name is Haley and if you want any more tips you can visit my blog http://abeautybrouhaha.tumblr.com/ 

haley_beckham
2 years, 4 months ago
Eyebrows

To begin I would like to let you know I have this same problem! 

But, It looks to me like the shape of your eyebrow is Beautiful! You just have a few stray hairs.

I wouldn't use a stencil to pencil it in. You don't want it to look too thick or fake. I would suggest using a taupe eyebrow pencil and filling in the natural brow.  follow the bottom line and the top line and fill it in. 

Now what your best friend is going to be is an eyebrow wax or gel. You can find these at Sephora or Ulta. or even a drug store. This will hold your brow in place so you don't have these stray hairs and it will shape them perfectly! 

If you decide to use the pencil I would even suggest trimming the tips of the stray hairs because this wont be noticeable once you fill them in! 
If a pencil isn't comfortable to you I suggest a powder!

This is just an example of the gel http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P284709&categoryId=S10515&shouldPaginate=true

My name is Haley and if you want any more tips you can visit my blog http://abeautybrouhaha.tumblr.com/ 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend