Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Black Heads - How to remove properly

Discussion

Black Heads - How to remove properly

I bought a new black head remover, but it hurts so much when i use it.

Is there a special technique without getting red marks all over my face?! Sometimes i can see the black head and cant get it out because it just hurts too much!

Advice?!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

jillian_rose
2 years, 4 months ago
Re: Black Heads - How to remove properly

I have found the best way is to exfoliate in the shower when your skin is warm and the pores are open. When finished use a pore strip for blackheads. After I rip it off, if there are any large ones left I will use a capfull of rubbing alcohol. I dip the round head of a bobby pin into it and gently press on the large blackheads to see if they will come out, if not leave them for another day, tearing up your face will look worse than a little blackhead. When I am done, I put neosporin all over the entire area and then my moistuizer on my cheeks and forehead. Pretty sure a dermatologist would be horrified to hear this, but it works for me. I only do it once a week or less. 

TheLacqueredLady
elite
2 years, 3 months ago
STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

Do not use blackhead removers! They can cause scaring and capillary damage. I know it is tempting to use them because blackheads suck, but they are so horrible for you skin - as signaled by the pain you experienced. Also, do not try to extract them yourself with your fingers. The truth is that blackheads are common for those of us with larger pores. If you have the time and money, go treat yourself to a facial and get them professionally excised. Still, there remains a risk of scaring and capillary damage.

The best way to minimize blackheads is to exfoliate, cleanse, tone, and then use a pore minimizing lotion. It is darn near impossible to really get rid of them, but you can reduce their appearance.

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 4 months ago
Re: Blackheads

Ugh, blackheads stink!

Check out how to remove blackheads in this article. It contains great skin care tips! Hope it helps!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend