Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » wash hair daily or weekly?

Discussion

wash hair daily or weekly?

I used to wash my hair every other day, but my hairdresser used to tell me that its so dry and that i should wash it less.

Since then, i have "trained" my hair so that i only wash it twice a week and i noticed such a great difference in the quality of my hair. Its stronger and healthier than ever before! It was hard at first because i hated that oily look. But in a matter of a month, my hair just got used to it i guess!

Whats the norm for you ladies?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

16 Replies

lasvegasnv
elite
1 year, 10 months ago
Re: wash hair daily or weekly?

Washing it 2-3 times a week is sufficient, so the hair doesn't dry out as much. It depends if there's a lot of product in the hair because then I would wash it out.

VV001
allstar
1 year, 10 months ago

I think I'm the only one to say it, but I wash almost every single day. My roots and bangs get oily by day two and my hair always has more volume when I wash daily. I've tried different dry shampoos to help me stretch my washes more, but everyone I've tried has either left a stubborn white residue or just isn't effective enough. Any good suggestions for dry shampoo for brunettes?

VV001
allstar
1 year, 10 months ago

I think I'm the only one to say it, but I wash almost every single day. My roots and bangs get oily by day two and my hair always has more volume when I wash daily. I've tried different dry shampoos to help me stretch my washes more, but everyone I've tried has either left a stubborn white residue or just isn't effective enough. Any good suggestions for dry shampoo for brunettes?

hamolla
allstar
7 months, 2 weeks ago

My hair gets oily quick so I have been washing it a lot also I tried washing it every 3 days but it did not change anything, the 2nd and 3rd days it looked oily still

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years, 4 months ago
My hair is super dry too

I try to wash my hair only two or three times a week.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend