Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Is it bad to use Nail Polish All the time?

Discussion

Is it bad to use Nail Polish All the time?

I have been using nail polish for many years (hands and feet).

Is there a negative effect? I notice that my toes are kind of yellow tone and that worries me!

Should i take a break?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 4 months ago
Re: Nail Polish

Those of us who love our regular mani/pedi treatments are definitely guilty of leaving nail polish on too long! It might be a good idea to take a break, but there are also some other solutions if you want to keep your nails colored year-round.

First, try reading this list of the best nail products for ideas on how to pamper your paws. Then check out nail tips and nail product reviews from other readers to find out which products you'll love and which products to skip!

Good luck!

MissXu
elite
2 years, 4 months ago
Yellowish Nails

Yeah, I noticed yellowish nails before, and took a break for a bit. My nails look healthier now! 

BeautyPirate
allstar
2 years, 4 months ago
Re: Is it bad to use Nail Polish All the time?

ALWAYS use a base coat. Julep has an awesome product that works as a base coat but also is really healthy for your nails called Nail Therapy. 

RaraGiggles89
insider
2 years, 4 months ago
Re: Is it bad to use Nail Polish All the time?

ooh, the yellow tone kinda suggests the polish has discoloured your nails a little! I think it would be best to try and give your nails a break for a little breathe! on the days off try some nail moisturising cream for them..also, you can get nail polishes that are clear but strengthen nails, I think they are great cos they would take the yellowish tinge away a little?

Also, take a lemon cut it in half remove some of the inside and rub onto nail surface to clean and moisturize nails, a little mini-manicure!

Hope this helps! :)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend