Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Anyone else proud to be pale vs. fake tanned? o.o

Discussion

Anyone else proud to be pale vs. fake tanned? o.o

My friends always complain to me how pale i look, and i just sit there thinking, I like being pale ._. They think im wierd but i dontthink its that odd? Im talking about fake tans vs. natural skin color, not like racism x] Is it weird that i like being pale? And why does everyone think pale is ugly? >.< Thoughts?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

26 Replies

NotJustGingerly
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago
You bet I am pale

I have been told I was too pale so many times in my life... I used to say "If God wanted my skin a different color I would have been born that way." Now I just tell them how old I am - I am 42 and look 30. That shuts them up and I don't risk offense to one's religion or ethnicity.

Sensitisma
insider
1 year, 11 months ago
Pale and proud!

I also get comments about how pale I am, but it is hard work! I would rather take good care of my skin and protect it than try to hide it with a fake or (gasp!) real tan. If you need any motivation to protect your skin, just take a look at an older woman who has tanned a lot. Yikes!

Being fair makes foundation shopping pretty tough. I certainly can't wear any tinted moisturizers because they are all too dark!

beautyapocalypse
1 year, 10 months ago
a fake tan is. . .fake

Besides looking like an oompa loompa everytime I have tried to fake tan, I just feel like a fake when I try it.  Pale is who I am and why should I cover who I am?

volta
elite
1 year, 10 months ago
Re: Anyone else proud to be pale vs. fake tanned? o.o

St Tropez never makes anyone look orange, that's why it's the leader in the industry. 

Moosebaby
insider
1 year, 6 months ago

I'm proud to be pale. Yes at times I may look like a vampire but I also think of my pale skin as an artist palette for all kinds of crazy colors. I sometimes use sunless tanners in the summer but overall I like my look. I think this comes down to being confident with yourself and in your own skin. I don't want to look like someone else I am happy to look like me! So many people with fake tans look the same and I am happy to be an individual! Lets face it, there is nothing more gross looking then a person with skin the color of an om-pa loom-pa!

hamolla
allstar
7 months, 1 week ago

Tan?! No thanks, I am happy with my color.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend