Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Anyone else proud to be pale vs. fake tanned? o.o

Discussion

Anyone else proud to be pale vs. fake tanned? o.o

My friends always complain to me how pale i look, and i just sit there thinking, I like being pale ._. They think im wierd but i dontthink its that odd? Im talking about fake tans vs. natural skin color, not like racism x] Is it weird that i like being pale? And why does everyone think pale is ugly? >.< Thoughts?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

26 Replies

jillian8981
1 year, 12 months ago
Yes!!

I'm with you on this, I think being pale is very pretty!! I would never fake tan. 

Janice9
insider
1 year, 12 months ago
Anyone else proud to be pale vs. fake tanned?

Yes, the Asian ladies were on to something when they decided to stay out of the sun. It's much healthier though beauty tip#500.....TAKE SOME VIT D Supplements. Too many of us aren't getting enough! ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO AVOID THE SUN!

mslupin
insider
2 years, 4 months ago
Re: Anyone else proud to be pale vs. fake tanned? o.o

My friends used to tease me about my skin all the time in high school. But I never cared. I liked being the different one in the group. Pale skin is just way prettier, in my opinion. :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
insider
2 years, 3 months ago
Pale Skin

I love my pale skin.

TeresaDouglas
2 years ago

I love my pale skin. I'm considered a "high contrast" because I have naturally dark hair, dark eyes and eyebrows, and a pale skin tone. I don't use self-tanning products, and while I get a bit of a tan in the summertime, I don't like to over-do it because I prefer the pale look.

mckae90
insider
2 years ago

There is NOTHING wrong with being pale! I live in Washington so a lot of girls love to hit the tanning bed, but I've always been weary of it. Now I'm in my 20's and although I sometimes still get teased on my pale complexion I wouldn't change it for the world, I'm IRISH, what else would I be other than white?! If anything, I correct people by saying "I'm not pale, I'm porcelain." Which usually gets some laughs. Embrace yourself as is and be confident about it :)

jml1117
2 years ago
Anyone else proud to be pale vs. fake tanned? o.o

I had a friend once crack a joke that I'm "so white that I reflect the sunlight!"  I don't mind being pale because it's my natural skin tone.  If I go out in the sun, I do get a bit of a tan, but I don't try to get a tan.  I am also from Washington, and unless you fake and bake, you really can't get much of a tan.  There is a difference between being pale skinned and pasty or ill looking.  I think too many people equate a tan with a "healthy glow."  When people who tan regularly age, they show it much earlier.  Most people think I am 10 years younger than I am because I am not showing my age with wrinkles yet.

Supernaturalfan
insider
1 year, 12 months ago

I like my pale, though unfortunately now sun-damaged skin!  Whne I was a teen, tanning was "in".  No talk about skin cancer or sunscreen in those days, the 70's-80's.  I used to spend a lot of time trying to get a tan, thinking I was too pale!  I cringe now when I think of what I was doing to my poor skin.  Of course, like I said, we didn't know what we know now....

Tanning beds were popular too, but I never used them.

As for fake tans, never tried that either.  For one thing, they ARE fake!  Applying that lotion sounds very tricky; you don't want it to be obvious you are wearing a fake tanning lotion.  At least, I wouldn't want it to be obvious.

Anyway, I've been viligant about sunscreen EVERYDAY for years now, and I've started wearing hats too.  I didn't use to wear them at all.

I wish I still had the pale, porcelain, undamaged skin I once had.....Sigh.

MissXu
elite
1 year, 12 months ago
Beautiful just the way you are!

Taking a quote from Bruno Mars, it's really your own individual perference to be who you are! 

Having a fake tan is much better than risking getting skin cancer from a real tan. I don't think you shouldn't let people get to you for being "pale". 

catalinahx
insider
1 year, 11 months ago

I like my pale skin, too. Last summer just for curiousitys sake, I laid out and tried to tan a few times. Not because I really wanted to tan, just to see if I could. I managed to get a decent one going. More like a farmers tan though. I'll stick with my even pale skin tone lol

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend