Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Dry and acne prone skin

Discussion

Dry and acne prone skin

I don't know what type of acne I get. Usually I get alots of very small white heads that are easy to pop off over my nose and forehead. Then I have bigger white heads on my forehead, right above my cheeks, and chin that when popped a little puss comes out but then just clear fluid. This kind of pimple usually needs to be popped several times and are red and sore. Then the other type of pimple I get are small hard almost unnoticable bumps that suddenly fill up with fluid over a few days and are very big and eventually ready to be popped. That kind I get on my cheeks and the sides of my face.

To fight this troublesome acne I've tried some products but my skin is also EXTREMELY dry. During the winter espeaically my skin is really dry and my whole face peels and is really flakey. Makeup tends to look cakey and flakey. So I'm trying to fight these pimples and keep my skin moisturized at the time but nothings working!!! My whole face is still peeling and I'm still covered in zits!! Help please!!!

What can I do/use to treat my skin?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

grass
insider
2 years, 4 months ago
Hi!

Hi! I just saw this post and I thought I'd send a helpful tip to address your acne problem.  I think first and foremost that you should consult your dermatologist just to rule out any underlying problem such as hormonal imbalance, etc.  I myself am prone to breakouts. What i do usually is put on ice cubes over angry, red bumps just to diminish redness. I wash my face at least twice a day to keep it clean using facial wash with salicylic acid. I suggest that you skip the make-up for now as this may just exacerbate the problem.  If you think your face is dry, try putting on a moisturizing cream that's not oil-based and has salicylic acid. 

The best solution I've ever done to address my own acne problem, believe it or not, is taking anti-oxidant food supplements (mine is LifePack of Nu Skin) and other vitamins such as vitamin E and C.  These supplements have helped clear-up my skin. So I guess, eating the right food such as vegetables and fruits which are rich in anti-oxidant also help.

Good luck!

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
2 years, 4 months ago
Re: Dry and Acne Prone Skin

I feel your pain! When you suffer from both breakouts and dry skin, it can be really frustrating to find a product that works. Check out these articles for tips to clear up acne. You might also want to read about the everyday habits that cause acne to make sure you're not making it worse without knowing it. Finally, try our best products for sensitive skin for advice on what products to use.

Good luck!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend