Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » Haircuts - Do you get what you pay for?

Discussion

Haircuts - Do you get what you pay for?

I am the queen of affordable haircuts. I never spend more than $50, and have been pretty happy with most cuts I've gotten. I have long curly hair, and half the time I wear it straight. So, I need a cut that works for both. Well, this weekend I reaped the benefits of my roommate's job at a high end salon. I was able to score a $250 haircut for tip only... and I now understand why some women will spare no expense when it comes to quality hair care! Not only did I receive endless compliments all night long after my cut and blowout, but I am still loving the shape and the way it falls now that I'm back to styling it on my own. Now I'm left wondering if it really pays to fork over a hefty wad of cash for an expensive haircut, or if this was just a fluke.

Whats the most you've ever spent on a haircut, and was it worth it?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

Rahiella
insider
2 years, 4 months ago
Yes and no

I've paid $90 for a haircut and style.  I think some places are just hype, but I do understand the importance of a good haircut.  But not sure if $250+ is worth it.  I'm sure people can get a quality haircut for less!

MrsFrosty226
insider
2 years, 4 months ago
Sometimes

I think there is a huge difference between a $20 cut and a $50 one, but for me I could never justify spending more than $65 on a haircut (even that seems kinda silly).  I'm not so convinced that there would be any cut worth more than $100 dollars.  There are plenty of very talented stylists that won't cost me the same as my monthy car payment.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
insider
2 years, 3 months ago
Haircuts

I got my last haircut at an Aveda salon in Berkeley and it was only $45. I've had my share of good and bad salon experiences but this time I left happy.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend